Article: eWeek tests and compares 3G data networks

compares ATTWS, Sprint PCS, T-Mobile

"The performance that 1xRTT services offer is good enough for most
general network access requirements, such as linking to corporate
resources over a VPN and interacting with Web-based applications."

"Using the PPC-6601 to access Sprint's 1xRTT network, we experienced an
average downstream transfer rate of 149K bps and an average ping latency
of 665 ms. This placed Sprint's 1xRTT service second to AT&T's UMTS
among the networks we tested. However, the 1xRTT service is available in
many more places than is UMTS, giving it a significant leg up. Sprint's
pricing is comparable: $80 per month for unlimited-access 1xRTT service."

In article <cq9g9n$6s$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>,
frankbhX@XcompuserveX.com says...
> "Using the PPC-6601 to access Sprint's 1xRTT network, we experienced an
> average downstream transfer rate of 149K bps and an average ping latency
> of 665 ms. This placed Sprint's 1xRTT service second to AT&T's UMTS
> among the networks we tested. However, the 1xRTT service is available in
> many more places than is UMTS, giving it a significant leg up. Sprint's
> pricing is comparable: $80 per month for unlimited-access 1xRTT service."

The PPC is a phone. A PDA phone, but still a phone. Unlimited access
via that phone is $30/month.

--
RØß
O/Siris