roaming

I have the plan where 50% of my minutes can be roaming. I thought that
meant if I was off the Sprint network it would be counted at anytime minutes
no matter what time it was. The lady at *2 told me that night and weekend
(roaming) were the same as if I was on the sprint network. Is that right?
Thanks

Tom85 wrote:
> I have the plan where 50% of my minutes can be roaming. I thought
that
> meant if I was off the Sprint network it would be counted at anytime
minutes
> no matter what time it was. The lady at *2 told me that night and
weekend
> (roaming) were the same as if I was on the sprint network. Is that
right?
> Thanks

you didnt get completely correct info here... i work for sprint and can
explain it a little better.

first, you will NEVER be charged overage while on this plan (if you
indeed have the free & clear america plan with the 50% rule).

but, sprint CAN force you to change your plan if you consistently go
over the 50% roaming mark. they will contact you in advance should you
be a candidate for such action. [personally, i doubt they will take
action... i think this "50% rule" is to satisfy roaming arrangements
with local roaming affiliates who dont want thousands of sprint users
clogging their networks... a scare tactic to keep sprint users from
feeling too "free & clear"]

-----

also, you were not really given the correct info on how he 50% is
calculated. its 50% of your total usage. lets assume you have a 500
anytime min plan w/ unlimited n&w mins and the free & clear america
option.

you use 500 anytime mins off network
500 n&w mins off network
you must use 1000 separate mins on network to make 50%
(500 + 500)off network <= (1000)on network

-or-

you use 100 anytime mins off network
200 n&w off network
you must use 300 combined anytime/n&w mins on network to make 50%
(100 + 200)off network <= (300)on network

hope this helps...

Tom85 <ohno@dodgeit.com> wrote:
> I have the plan where 50% of my minutes can be roaming. I thought that
> meant if I was off the Sprint network it would be counted at anytime minutes
> no matter what time it was. The lady at *2 told me that night and weekend
> (roaming) were the same as if I was on the sprint network. Is that right?
> Thanks

If you are roaming and you have the *America plan, than those roaming
minutes will come out of your regular airtime minutes. If you are in
the Sprint PCS network and it is a weekend, than you will use night and
weekend minutes. Essentially, all roaming comes out of your anytime
minutes are do not benefit from the Night & Weekend or the PCS to PCS
features.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse