Tungsten T3 Hotsync

Tags:
June 24, 2004 7:31:22 PM

To elaborate a little on my second problem:

I am running Windows XP and I can not get the Bluetooth sync to work -
It gives the message on the T3 that "the port is in use by another
application". - anybody have any ideas?

When setting up a CONNECTION in the Prefs on the T3 it fails when it
attempts to verify the pass key that I type into the T3. I get the message
on the T3: "Unable to add LAPTOP to your trusted device list"

any ideas?

Regards

James

James Goldman
07977 169030

More about : tungsten hotsync

Anonymous
June 24, 2004 7:31:23 PM

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:31:22 +0100, "James Goldman"
<JRG@JamesGoldman.co.uk> wrote:

>To elaborate a little on my second problem:
>
>I am running Windows XP and I can not get the Bluetooth sync to work -
>It gives the message on the T3 that "the port is in use by another
>application". - anybody have any ideas?

I'm fairly sure the solution to this is in the hotsync setup (right
click the hotsync icon on the taskbar) - change the local com port to
the appropriate one (com4 maybe?). You'll also need to ensure hotsync
is checked to allow local serial syncing i think.

Hope this helps...
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 1:04:08 PM

Thanks a lot - I now have the bluetooth hotsync working fine but the cradle
sync via the docking station still does not work.

I am using a Dell Laptop and as I said it syncs fine when connected to the
laptop directly but when I connect it via the USB port in the docking
station it does not work. Other devices like the mouse and USB keys work
fine in the docking station USB ports.

When I try to sync I get a message on the PC that says "USB device not
recognised - One of the devices attached to the pc has malfunctioned and
windows does not recognise it!"

Any ideas?

James

"Just me :) " <none@given.out> wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:31:22 +0100, "James Goldman"
> <JRG@JamesGoldman.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >To elaborate a little on my second problem:
> >
> >I am running Windows XP and I can not get the Bluetooth sync to work -
> >It gives the message on the T3 that "the port is in use by another
> >application". - anybody have any ideas?
>
> I'm fairly sure the solution to this is in the hotsync setup (right
> click the hotsync icon on the taskbar) - change the local com port to
> the appropriate one (com4 maybe?). You'll also need to ensure hotsync
> is checked to allow local serial syncing i think.
>
> Hope this helps...
June 25, 2004 1:04:09 PM

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:04:08 +0100, "James Goldman"
<JRG@JamesGoldman.co.uk> wrote:

>Thanks a lot - I now have the bluetooth hotsync working fine but the cradle
>sync via the docking station still does not work.

Glad to have helped :)

>I am using a Dell Laptop and as I said it syncs fine when connected to the
>laptop directly but when I connect it via the USB port in the docking
>station it does not work. Other devices like the mouse and USB keys work
>fine in the docking station USB ports.
>
>When I try to sync I get a message on the PC that says "USB device not
>recognised - One of the devices attached to the pc has malfunctioned and
>windows does not recognise it!"

Sounds like a firmware issue and probably needs a driver update. Have
you checked for any updates related to the docking station? Sometimes
removing the usb "hub" device and reinstalling it can help - and you
might have to do this from safe mode. Failing that, you might have to
resort to plugging the the cradle/cable directly into the laptop and
living with the problem.

If you post the exact model of laptop and docking station i might be
able to help further (no promises tho').
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 7:44:37 PM

The Laptop is a Dell Latitude D600 and the Docking station in the D/Port
advanced port replicator

Thanks

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:04:08 +0100, "James Goldman"
> <JRG@JamesGoldman.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Thanks a lot - I now have the bluetooth hotsync working fine but the
cradle
> >sync via the docking station still does not work.
>
> Glad to have helped :)
> >
> >I am using a Dell Laptop and as I said it syncs fine when connected to
the
> >laptop directly but when I connect it via the USB port in the docking
> >station it does not work. Other devices like the mouse and USB keys work
> >fine in the docking station USB ports.
> >
> >When I try to sync I get a message on the PC that says "USB device not
> >recognised - One of the devices attached to the pc has malfunctioned and
> >windows does not recognise it!"
>
> Sounds like a firmware issue and probably needs a driver update. Have
> you checked for any updates related to the docking station? Sometimes
> removing the usb "hub" device and reinstalling it can help - and you
> might have to do this from safe mode. Failing that, you might have to
> resort to plugging the the cradle/cable directly into the laptop and
> living with the problem.
>
> If you post the exact model of laptop and docking station i might be
> able to help further (no promises tho').
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 5:37:04 AM

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:44:37 +0100, "James Goldman"
<JRG@JamesGoldman.co.uk> wrote:

>The Laptop is a Dell Latitude D600 and the Docking station in the D/Port
>advanced port replicator

Well i've had a browse and not come up with much, except to re-affirm
my original thoughts regarding drivers. It seems the expansion port
is a usb hub of sorts because it increases the usb ports from 2 to 4
according to the specs. My guess is therefore it's either a driver
issue or incompatibility. Have you been to this link and installed
all the various patches and upgrades? If not you ought to. Other
than that i'd try uninstalling all usb devices and letting windows
pick them up again (if you use xp). Hope this helps a little...

http://support.dell.com/filelib/Devices.aspx?Category=0...
!