Hey Hank, how does your friend like his Tascam DP-01?

Last response: in Home Audio
March 10, 2005 9:27:57 PM

I've been pondering gifting one to my youngun' nephew, but I can't find
any info that helps my decision, namely does it work reasonably
intuitively and does it sound pretty good?

Seems like the right unit for the situation, but we're a continent
apart so I couldn't help him over any humps except over the phone or
email. You > your friends recording with it sound a bit like me > him,
so I figured I'd ask how they're getting along with it.

Naturally I don't expect a review : ) but if they loved it or hated
it it would sway me.

Thanks!

More about : hey hank friend tascam

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 7:13:32 AM

vdubreeze wrote:

> I've been pondering gifting one to my youngun' nephew, but I can't find
> any info that helps my decision, namely does it work reasonably
> intuitively and does it sound pretty good?

> Seems like the right unit for the situation, but we're a continent
> apart so I couldn't help him over any humps except over the phone or
> email. You > your friends recording with it sound a bit like me > him,
> so I figured I'd ask how they're getting along with it.

> Naturally I don't expect a review : ) but if they loved it or hated
> it it would sway me.

Can't speak of it yet, as they just recently got aroudn to ordering it,
and then went to a jam camp! I expect to start hearing from them any
time now, and I also expect I might need to go pay 'em a visit early on.
Once I have news I'll post it.

--
ha
Anonymous

I wrote:

> vdubreeze wrote:

> > I've been pondering gifting one to my youngun' nephew,

<snipitty doo dah>

> Can't speak of it yet, as they just recently got aroudn to ordering it,

<snipitty yay>

And I've just learned that it has been backordered, and if it arrives
this week or next, the folks will be in Mexico visiting their son. So I
think I'm two, maybe three weeks away from getting hands-on with it.

--
ha
!