Xcom great grand daughter: Rebelstar: Tactical Command

It's for the GBA, which means it's for the PC too. Anyone at E3 that
saw this in action? Looks quite promising for a handheld title.
5 answers Last reply
More about xcom great grand daughter rebelstar tactical command
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    The cartoonish look has me bummed out quite a bit. I still play XCOM. One
    problem is that it is for the Gameboy and I cannot seem to find any
    reference to a PC. Now I know exactly zip about the Gameboy. You say it
    will work on a PC too?? How does that work?

    I even looked about for a Gameboy emulator for the pocketpc but cannot find
    one yet.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    There are many EMU's around for the GBA.
    http://darkfader.net/gba/main.html

    Advanced Wars was cartoonish and it's still a fantastic turn-based
    tactical game, and so was the original Xcom to some extent. The
    graphics on a GBA have to be a certain way both for the target market
    and due to limitations of the hardware. Stuck in an airport playing
    Xcom on a handheld = oh why can't the plane be delayed even longer?
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "miket6065" <miket6065@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > The cartoonish look has me bummed out quite a bit. I still play XCOM.
    One
    > problem is that it is for the Gameboy and I cannot seem to find any
    > reference to a PC. Now I know exactly zip about the Gameboy. You say it
    > will work on a PC too?? How does that work?

    It only works on the PC if you want to be a pirate. You download the game
    illegally, then download an emulator, and play it on that.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Jeremy Reaban wrote:
    > "miket6065" <miket6065@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>The cartoonish look has me bummed out quite a bit. I still play XCOM.
    >
    > One
    >
    >>problem is that it is for the Gameboy and I cannot seem to find any
    >>reference to a PC. Now I know exactly zip about the Gameboy. You say it
    >>will work on a PC too?? How does that work?
    >

    > It only works on the PC if you want to be a pirate. You download the game
    > illegally, then download an emulator, and play it on that.

    Ho ho ho and a bottle of..... I'll stop right there.

    Or buy a flash linker and flash cart, so you can rip your cart games
    after buying them, and either play them on PC or carry about 4-6 of
    them on the flash cart thus saving you time/space while on the move
    with you GBA.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    littlemute <littlemute@woodenmen.org> wrote:
    :
    : It's for the GBA, which means it's for the PC too. Anyone at E3 that
    : saw this in action? Looks quite promising for a handheld title.

    Just a small note, Rebelstar Raiders was an old Sinclair Spectrum game, a
    forefather of Laser Squad, which led to Xcom & friends. So Xcom is the
    great grand daughter of Rebelstar, not the other way around.

    For more info, check:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebelstar

    Valtteri

PC gaming Games Command Prompt IBM Video Games