I want to connect two routers wirelessly

jarhead1038

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
i have a barn/ MAN CAVE on steroids 250 feet from the house, I have comcast wifi in the house the signal drops out 4 feet from the house. i have comcast in the barn how can i get wifi in the barn? can i add a router mated to the one in the house do the job, or is it more complicated.

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Only if either your (barn) router has a extender/repeater or bridge capability, or it is compatible with the DD-WRT firmware in which case you will be able to flash it and do all of the above.
Otherwise you will need to put out about $40 - $50 to get an extender/repeater or bridge.
But even still, the 250ft is pretty far and the signal may be low on the receiving end...

AD6DL

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
If you need internet for the remote building you may want to consider getting a wireless bridge. A wireless bridge is a device that connects to the network and provides a wired connection. Then its like having a 250 ft long cat 5 cable but wireless. An example of a device like this is an Engenius ENH200.

AD6DL

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
If you need internet for the remote building you may want to consider getting a wireless bridge. A wireless bridge is a device that connects to the network and provides a wired connection. Then its like having a 250 ft long cat 5 cable but wireless. An example of a device like this is an Engenius ENH200.

AD6DL

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013