Use Dlink DSL-2750U as wireless repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeAdam

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
I have a new internet router linksys EA2700 Firmware Version: 1.0.14, the wireless signal doesn't cover the whole house so I like to extend the wireless signal using my old router Dlink DSL-2750U as Access point, I configured the two router as following but yet didn't work.

Linksys
DHCP: enabled,
IP lease range 192.168.1.100 to 150
Wireless SSID, Security Mode, Passphrase, Channel Width and Channel number same as Dlink

Dlink:
DHCP: disabled
AP Mode: Access point
Bridge Restrict:Enabled
Remote Bridges MAC Address: is the linksys MAC.
And I removed the Layer2Interface and WAN old configuration.

What's missing or is it really possible to use Dlink Router as access point?

Solution
I take it you're trying to create a WDS bridge between these two routers, per pg 76. of the manual.

ftp://support.dlink.co.in/broadband/DSL-2750U/manual/DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_IN_1.00.pdf

That's a problem. You see, WDS is NOT a wifi standard, and as such implementations vary, and that makes incompatibilities VERY common. So common in fact, that unless you're using, at a minimum, devices from the SAME manufacturer, it's not likely to work. Heck, many times even that's not enough. It has to be the same exact make, model, and firmware!

So I’m not the least bit surprised if this WDS bridge between the Linksys and D-Link doesn’t work.

P.S. Manufacturers rarely mention this issue of incompatibility, probably because they’re a bit...
I take it you're trying to create a WDS bridge between these two routers, per pg 76. of the manual.

ftp://support.dlink.co.in/broadband/DSL-2750U/manual/DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_IN_1.00.pdf

That's a problem. You see, WDS is NOT a wifi standard, and as such implementations vary, and that makes incompatibilities VERY common. So common in fact, that unless you're using, at a minimum, devices from the SAME manufacturer, it's not likely to work. Heck, many times even that's not enough. It has to be the same exact make, model, and firmware!

So I’m not the least bit surprised if this WDS bridge between the Linksys and D-Link doesn’t work.

P.S. Manufacturers rarely mention this issue of incompatibility, probably because they’re a bit embarrassed to admit they're using non-standard protocols.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS