Sign in with
Your question

Job Help

Last response: in Work & Education
December 3, 2011 5:39:44 AM

Hello

I recently graduated with my associates degree in network administration from Kaplan University in April and currently taking the bachelors degree program. I have been looking for a job and have filled out many resumes and applications with very few responses. What should I do beyond the normal resume and applications. I see a lot of jobs are looking for someone with certifications and job experience beyond the degree. The state I live in has very limited internships. What extra things can I do to get my feet into the door. I have no job experience in the career field I am studying so trying to figure out what else will help me least get more job interviews and calls please let me know what I might do to help my chances.

Dale

More about : job

December 8, 2011 3:04:08 AM

try part time job first
December 12, 2011 10:49:50 PM

OK would a part time job require less experience and certifications? Not tried them I know I have tried entry-level which requires experience and certifications and internships here in New Mexico are rare and I have been trying to get a job since April and I know jobs are hard, but I am not even getting any calls for a interview, so maybe I am doing someting wrong?
Related resources
December 13, 2011 5:15:15 AM

Maybe you can try freelancer or vworker to get a part time job which is much easier.
December 13, 2011 5:23:49 AM

How I go about doing freelancing forgot about v worker will check into that though
December 18, 2011 10:41:44 PM

if you consider yourself confident enough, that's all you need for an interview. show a genuine interest in the position and a genuine interest in your own career development.

you're not doing anything wrong, just be persistent. took me 8 months to find a job and numerous interviews. i'm not familiar with Kaplan U, but shouldnt' they have a career services department that can help with job placement? honestly, i think you've got to be a superstar or know someone to get a decent job.

in NM i'd try out sandia nat'l labs if you're a US citizen.
!