Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Where can I download WIndows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
February 25, 2010 12:00:18 AM

Hi,

I want to download a legitimate copy of the windows 7 software (without the key). Where can I get that please.

Thanks

More about : download windows

a b $ Windows 7
February 25, 2010 1:03:57 AM

the legitimate software ONLY comes with the key, but check this out
http://exclusive-oem.com/?cpn=pfeiffer_edu

Please give credit where credit is due! If you think this post was the most helpful, please remember to mark it as the best answer
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
February 25, 2010 1:52:10 AM

What is it with you and this site 13? I mentioned in another post this site looks totally fake. Can you vouch for it's validity?
m
l
Related resources
February 25, 2010 1:56:31 AM

yeah im with prophecy on that..i could maybe seeing the windows 7 price being legit..but come on, $2,000 savings? get outa here..
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
February 25, 2010 2:02:28 AM

The Windows 7 price is basically legit, but since everything else seems not to be legit, I'm not putting a lot of stock in that site.

Actually, I should mention that it is showing the retail packaging for Windows 7, but it's not specifying that they are actually selling an OEM copy (since one of the entries says Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit - retail packages of course come with both 32 and 64 bit disks so the distinction of the software package being either 32 or 64 bit is not necessary). I know other, more reputable companies do the same, but given the prices shown on the site, it makes me think there is something more going on. It's not outright false advertising, but it is certainly misleading.
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 25, 2010 9:05:21 AM

mystic_one1953 said:
Hi,

I want to download a legitimate copy of the windows 7 software (without the key). Where can I get that please.

Thanks

You can get the Enterprise RTM version from the Microsoft Technet site, which is legal and doesn't require a key.

Oh, and it stops working after 90 days.... :D 
a b $ Windows 7
February 25, 2010 11:07:40 AM

Sorry, no way to legally download it without a key (unless you have an MSDN or Technet account as Herr_Koos pointed out).
m
l
February 25, 2010 12:17:00 PM

Sorry 13,

The URL is very suspicious. There are 80+ domains listed with that IP address.

Malware URL advise extreme caution when visiting, but rate it (and all other domains listed )as a fraud/scam site:

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:3kb2_dtQpLEJ:www.ma...

There are email contacts for all but appear to be free web based, so probably no use trying to contact them.
m
l
March 8, 2010 11:11:18 AM

Best answer selected by mystic_one1953.
m
l
April 23, 2010 10:21:06 PM

Hello mystic,
I would not recommend downloading Windows 7 from any other site than the Official Microsoft Sites.
Additionally, it's always best to make sure you have a genuine version of Windows 7, this will entitle you to recieve updates and support from Microsoft with Genuine Advantage.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/default.aspx?displayla...
"Microsoft Genuine Advantage programs, including Windows Genuine Advantage, help you determine whether or not your copy of Windows is genuine. Genuine Windows software is published by Microsoft, properly licensed, and supported by Microsoft or an authorized partner, giving you full capabilities, access to all the latest updates, and confidence that you are getting the experience you expect. Microsoft continues to invest in education, engineering, and enforcement in order to more effectively combat software piracy. It’s part of Microsoft’s commitment to help protect its intellectual property and to help you avoid problems before they happen."

Please make sure that you have a officially licensed microsoft product which can be ordered directly from Microsoft and Authorized Resellers:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/default.aspx

John M
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
l
!