Sign in with
Your question

Error Kernel power 41(63)

Tags:
  • Power
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
June 21, 2012 6:56:22 PM

Hi all!I have a huge problem with my PC,I built it back in April and it was kind of an "OK" but when I first started to play it rebooted for no reason and in the first screen(when it rebbots) it said that it wasn't shutting down properly.I thought that it was my fault that I assembled it the wrong way but it wasn't so I carried it to a tech in my neighborhood and said it was perfectly assembled.So now I'm here looking for a way out :D 

Specs:
Windows 7 64bit OEM
I5 2500k no oc
GTX 570 Twin frozr III power ed.
Ram corsair vegeance low profile 2x4GB
PSU Arkangel Metatron v2.2 850w
MOBO Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z68
Samsung Spin point F4 320GB+1tb western digital caviar green

I've also found out from the event registry that it is a kernel power error 41...

Sorry for my english please bear it until I solve my problem and also sorry for novel xD

Thanks

More about : error kernel power

a b $ Windows 7
June 21, 2012 7:19:24 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

Description of Windows Kernel event ID 41 error in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first"

Your system may be overheating or have a bad PSU
June 21, 2012 7:52:39 PM

Or it could very well be faulty RAM. All the times that I've experienced kernel power failure has been from faulty RAM. So download Memtest and put it on either a CD/DVD or a USB storage device and boot from it.

It'll tell you pretty quickly if there's any errors. In any case, you'll be able to somewhat isolate the problem.

I have the exact same RAM as you do and my first pair had a module that was DOA and I had them both replaced and another module actually failed on me a couple of days ago. I don't know if it's a common issue with that particular model or I'm just unlucky. Regardless you have a life time warranty on Corsair RAM.

Related resources
June 21, 2012 10:20:18 PM

Memtest86?Anyway checked the temperature...While playing and the average temperature of the cpu was 41 and of the GPU 51 so kind of low...
June 22, 2012 6:21:32 PM

Does anyone know how to read my dump files?
June 22, 2012 9:29:30 PM

Yes, Memtest86. Have you tried running it?
June 25, 2012 2:54:41 PM

Ran memtest no error was found out...
November 13, 2012 7:42:12 AM

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT TRIXANITY.. KERNEL POWERS OCCURE DUE TO FAULTY RAM IN 99% CASE REMAINING ARE DUE TO OVECLOCK NAD OVERHEATING
!