Opinions on Sanyo 7300

jt

I'm thinking of getting the Sanyo 7300. Would like your opinion. Also, how
is the reception compared to the other current Sanyo's available?

Thanks,
jt

hg

I have one. I can't compare reception to other Sanyos in an objective test,
but in general it seems OK (if that seems lukewarm to you, it is). It
appears to be about the same as my wifes sanyo 8200.

One annoying trait, which may be the phone or the service, is that in an
area with marginal Spint service, it will switch between Sprint and digital
roam while dialing. So you have to dial 2 or 3 times before connecting.

While the "rugged" look is largely fake, I've found it to be pretty good in
that respect. Mine's been dropped 3 times and still is fine.

My biggest complaint is the sound. Quality is fair at best. Also, for me
at least, the useful volume range is very narrow. I have to keep mine near
the lowest level. Any higher and it blasts my ears (though my hearing
hasn't been conditioned by 300 watt subwoofers in a Honda Civic).

Hope this helps.