Buffer done wacky

IceManU

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2003
I just got a new Aopen 52x24x52 the other night and burned my first cd with it. It acted a little wacky on me. First the buffer not sure if it is the read or write bufer it is the longer one about the progress meter. It goes a little crazy on me. It starts off fine and then it will start to go down and then the smaller buffer meter at the bottom starts to go down a bit then then it picks up and then the top buffer meter will go down to almost nil and then it will start to get back to 90 - 100% when the smaller buffer meter does. After all of this and when the progress meter reached 100% Nero made the boo's like the disk was a coaster, but when I went and played the disc it was fine. Can anyone shed some light on this for me because if I bought a bum writer I want to return it asap and if it was just the way it works then fine. But I had an HP 8x4x32 that burned without all of that buffer circus. I had Justlink enable and I was burning at 32x as per the media I was using. Any opinions are greatly appreciated as well as options on how to fix this.