Stereo mic into laptop

Last response: in Home Audio
a b D Laptop
March 12, 2005 3:46:12 AM

Thanks to the half-dozen people who responded this week to my plea for help in getting stereo
sound into a laptop that has only a single mono input jack. I have taken the route of a USB
mic converter and that seems to mean having to have a pre-amp too. I think it will work. I
knew nothing about using ESB as a mic input so it's been very helpful.

Philip Hiscock

More about : stereo mic laptop

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 12, 2005 10:01:14 AM

Philip Hiscock <wrote:

> I have taken the route of a USB mic converter and that seems to mean
> having to have a pre-amp too. I think it will work. I knew nothing about
> using ESB as a mic input so it's been very helpful.

Edirol's UA-25 USB interface has built-in mic preamps.

And if you already have an interface without preamps, consider the FMR
RNP.

--
ha
!