8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messagi..

Last response: in Network Providers
January 3, 2005 1:59:52 AM

8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messaging on the
phone?

I want to try the Google search with SMS.

Thanks
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 2:17:10 AM

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 22:59:52 -0500, The Truth <me@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I find SMS Text Messaging on the
>phone?
>
>I want to try the Google search with SMS.
>
>Thanks
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 7:41:35 PM

1,5 years ago i sold firmware with SMS for Sanyo 8100 for 2000$ to
Korean refurbish company, this company sells refurbishing cell phones
to USA. Also i sold some times Sanyo, Samsung firmwares for USA
customers for 1500$(Sanyo 8100) year ago.

Now price much more cheaply and this firmwares still popular.

Also exist modified firmwares with SMS for other models like Sanyo
5150, Samung n240, etc, but i have only for Sanyo 8100, Samung a460,
a500, a600

--
yory_boy
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

yory_boy wrote:
> 1,5 years ago i sold firmware with SMS for Sanyo 8100 for 2000$ to
> Korean refurbish company, this company sells refurbishing cell phones
> to USA.

Well, Rob (O/Siris) used to work in Vision Tech Support at Sprint, so when
he says the *system* won't send SMS to a phone not originally equipped for
SMS, I believe him. And the Sprint 8100s weren't originally equipped for SMS.

Is there any point to you continuing to argue?

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 9:27:33 PM

Ask about it customers who bought and uses this firmwares for a long
time.... As you see Rob (O/Siris) not so good in technical questions.

This is Sprint politics, they not want sells phones with SMS, because
they have own service. Other operators uses SMS without any problem,
but you cant usage firmware with SMS from other operators (for example
Bell - canada)) without modification. But this problem is solved long
long long time ago..

--
yory_boy
June 23, 2005 9:27:34 PM

yory_boy wrote:

> Ask about it customers who bought and uses this firmwares for a long
> time.... As you see Rob (O/Siris) not so good in technical questions.

He's never had problems giving me correct answers before. On the other hand,
you popped out of nowhere, I don't know you, and I have no reason to trust
that you know a damned thing about what you're discussing.

> This is Sprint politics, they not want sells phones with SMS,

Well, gee, this just *proves* you don't have a clue. With the exception of
one model, every phone currently in Sprint's lineup has SMS. Have you
forgotten that Sprint only launched true SMS around a year ago?

The phones that don't support SMS are older phones. Lessee. Sprintpcs.com,
Shopping... browse phones. Here we are...

Some of the phones aren't listed as being SMS capable on the "browse" page
but the details page for each phone lists SMS as a feature. 20 of the 21
phones currently listed for my US zip code, 92307, are listed as
SMS-capable. The only one that isn't is an older Samsung smartphone model,
the i500.

Even the no-frills, no-Vision, voice-only Motorola V60v and the no-frills,
no-Vision, voice-only Nokia 6016i are SMS-capable.

But that's right, Yo-yo, Sprint doesn't want to sell phones with SMS. :>

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 8:50:15 AM

In article <d9f75p$ufc$1@ratbert.glorb.com>, sjsobol@JustThe.net says...
> Well, Rob (O/Siris) used to work in Vision Tech Support at Sprint, so when
> he says the *system* won't send SMS to a phone not originally equipped for
> SMS, I believe him. And the Sprint 8100s weren't originally equipped for SMS.
>
> Is there any point to you continuing to argue?

Thanks, Steve. I can't get across just how honored I am every time I
hear of someone valuing my experience like that. To me, that means more
than any raise or bonus a company could give me.

--
RØß
O/Siris

O/Siris wrote:

> Thanks, Steve. I can't get across just how honored I am every time I
> hear of someone valuing my experience like that. To me, that means more
> than any raise or bonus a company could give me.

My experiences with CS have been mixed.

My experiences with Tech Support have been consistently good. Sprint's Tech
Support employees have been clued and helpful whenever I've called.

I'm just giving credit where it's due.

--

!