Sign in with
Your question

Boot problem

Last response: in Windows 7
June 22, 2012 12:08:55 AM

Hello,
I have a problem booting my computer with two hard drives. It says loading Operating System and stays there. I added a second hard drive which created this problem. I can go into BIOS and boot the computer by manually selecting which drive to boot from. Works no problem but bios want save that information so I have to do it each time. I have a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 with a 250 GB SSD and a 1TB seagate how can I solve this problem

More about : boot problem

June 23, 2012 1:29:59 PM

Hi,

I'm guessing you're using the SSD as your OS boot drive? If you go into your BIOS and ensure that this is set as the primary boot location you should be fine.

You don't have Windows installed on the 1TB aswell do you?

Kieron
July 6, 2012 10:07:10 PM

K13RON said:
Hi,

I'm guessing you're using the SSD as your OS boot drive? If you go into your BIOS and ensure that this is set as the primary boot location you should be fine.

You don't have Windows installed on the 1TB aswell do you?

Kieron

No I dont have it installed there either. I figured it out. I kept going to the boot menu and was thinking when you selected the drive from the boot menu it would set the order but it didnt. I had to go directly into bios to set it. now it works fine. Now I have to figure out how to get it to boot faster. I have seen many computers boot a lot faster then mine. It loads the Windows password page fast. Once password is entered it takes a while to open up. In the control panel it says I have 6gb of memory with only 2gb available. It says hardware 2Gb programs 2gb and 2gb available but I have 8gb installed. My OC programs sees all 8gb and memtest shows no problems. Someone said that windows dedicate 2gb to graphics but I don't need any there I have 2gb on my graphics card.
!