Toshiba VM4050 - Data Modem

Is there a recommended USB data cable to buy to use the VM4050 as a
modem for my laptop? Can it even be done with this phone? If so, do you
still use the same Sprint PCS software? Thanks for any help.

--
CacheMan

"CacheMan" <CacheMan.1iawhm@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message

> Is there a recommended USB data cable to buy to use the VM4050 as a
> modem for my laptop? Can it even be done with this phone? If so, do you
> still use the same Sprint PCS software? Thanks for any help.
>

> --
> CacheMan
> brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/

This is where I got mine:

http://3gcables.com/

You can also get it here:

http://www.datapilot.com/
http://www.datapilot.com/

and elsewhere as well.

You'll need USB drivers for the phone, and have to setup a new modem entry
and corresponding network connection for the phone. But yes, this can be
done. Note, though, that Sprint doesn't allow using your phone as a modem,
and says so in the TOS. But word is that so long as you keep your usage
fairly low they won't call you on it.
--
Kovie
kovie@earthlink.netizen