Knight of Honor: Not Bad

Hey All: I was on Gamespot.com & D/L a new demo called Knights of
Honor. It's a pretty cool little game. Takes place in semi mid-evil
times & you create cities & outposts. Lot's of trading, some
micro-managment. The demo only let's you play Scotland & another
country (I forget) It's pretty deep game, but I've only played for 20
minutes or so. I'll check back later with some more details. Anybody
heard of it yet?

Alex

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

<AMooreonline@juno.com> wrote in message
> Hey All: I was on Gamespot.com & D/L a new demo called Knights of
> Honor. It's a pretty cool little game. Takes place in semi
> mid-evil
> times & you create cities & outposts. Lot's of trading, some
> micro-managment. The demo only let's you play Scotland & another
> country (I forget) It's pretty deep game, but I've only played
> for 20
> minutes or so. I'll check back later with some more details.
> Anybody
> heard of it yet?

Does anyone have a site you don't have to join in order to get the
demo?

Bob wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> "Fordy" <fordysnospam@westnet.com.au> wrote in message
>
>> Try the main site for the game
>>
>> http://www.knights-of-honor.net

or 3dgamers.net

--
Entry in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 readme.txt file:
RollerCoaster Tycoon2 must be played on a video card capable of

Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
> Bob wrote:
>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> "Fordy" <fordysnospam@westnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>>> Try the main site for the game
>>>
>>> http://www.knights-of-honor.net
>>>

> or 3dgamers.net

or 3dgamers.com, rather

--

"Bob" <none@nonex.com> wrote:
><AMooreonline@juno.com> wrote in message
>> Hey All: I was on Gamespot.com & D/L a new demo called Knights of
>> Honor. It's a pretty cool little game. Takes place in semi
>> mid-evil
>> times & you create cities & outposts. Lot's of trading, some
>> micro-managment. The demo only let's you play Scotland & another
>> country (I forget) It's pretty deep game, but I've only played
>> for 20
>> minutes or so. I'll check back later with some more details.
>> Anybody
>> heard of it yet?
>
>Does anyone have a site you don't have to join in order to get the
>demo?

I've got Knights of Honor. Right now I'd call it a Medieval RTS
version of Ascendency. All of you guys who remember Ascendency will
know exactly what I'm saying with no further need of explanation.

For those kids out there, Ascendency was a beautiful 4x Game a la MOO.
Great graphics, sound, atmospherics. Great gameplay. Interesting
dyanmics. On first impression, it was excellent and might become a
favorite.

Guess what you found out after a few hours? No AI. I don't mean the
AI was bad, I mean the AI was essentially nonexistent. It would
sometimes go the whole game without building anything worthwhile.
Words cannot adequately describe the gross incompetence that went into
the programming of the so-called AI for that game.

The AI in Knights of Honor is slightly better than that of Ascendency.

For example, it sometimes actually does build fortifications in its
cities. Stone walls, gatehouses, guard towers, whatever. The fact
that when attacked the defending armies proceed to MARCH OUT OF THE
CITY and leave the fortifications behind to fight you on the open
ground, leaving the city gates WIDE OPEN should be seen in light of
the fact that at least the AI is better than Ascendency.

-David