Homeworld - which version

Does Homeworld Game of the Year Edition include both the first
Homeworld and Homeworld: Cataclysm?

I've already got Homeworld 2, and am looking to get the first game.

Kasey Chang (remove EATSPAM to reply) wrote:

> No, GOTY has the sound track, guide, and bug fixes. Cataclysm is a
> "standalone expansion".
>
> > I've already got Homeworld 2, and am looking to get the first game.
>
> I don't think they were ever "bundled", come to think of it...
>
> --KC

Thanks very much, KC. Appreciate the info. Hey, come to think of it,
thanks for the excellent X-COM FAQs you put out way back when... they
sure were helpful.

Hyun.

"STGM1998" <hyunyu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does Homeworld Game of the Year Edition include both the first
> Homeworld and Homeworld: Cataclysm?

No, GOTY has the sound track, guide, and bug fixes. Cataclysm is a
"standalone expansion".

> I've already got Homeworld 2, and am looking to get the first game.

I don't think they were ever "bundled", come to think of it...

--KC

"STGM1998" <hyunyu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does Homeworld Game of the Year Edition include both the first
> Homeworld and Homeworld: Cataclysm?
>
> I've already got Homeworld 2, and am looking to get the first game.

Awsome to hear it mate, the first Homeworld and Cataclysm were fantastic,
hell I'd even say better than the second one.

You will initially find Homeworlds interface a bit hard to get your mind
around after playing number 2. Don't give up, the story and game play kicks
arse :)

Cataclysm is just awsome, all the good new interface control features with a
great story, feeling, and game play.

Hrmmm, going to go play all 3 of them again soon myself.

Ceo-

This discussion has certainly reingnited my interest - installing HW
and Cataclysm tonight.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get Homeworld 2 to work properly
on my now very old win98 machine. Everytime it asks me in install
"Accessability" options in windows setup and even then it doesn't work
properly. Shame that...

mike

Homeworld 2 is running more or less OK on my Win2K system, although it
definitely does not like the dual display setup (consistent crash to
desktop with no error message). It's a problem that's been reported by
others--I guess there's no official fix for it. I get around it by
disabling the second monitor. It's a hassle, but the game is sure
worth it.

Homeworld: Game of the Year Edition has been problematic. Installing
patch 1.05 got rid of the "Invalid CD" error message, but the graphics
are all screwed up. For example, the mothership shows up with one side
missing. Some fighters, also, are missing different parts of their
sides and whatnot.

I've read that these games are pretty finnicky about graphic cards
supported...