Sign in with
Your question

Antec 1080 430watt case fan problems

Last response: in Components
April 12, 2003 7:26:14 PM

Hello,
As of the past day, whenever I turn on my antec 1080 case w/ 430 watt truepowerPSU the chassis, PSU, and system fans do not turn on. The cpu fan works fine though. Could anybody tell me whats wrong here?
BTW My system specs. are:
2800+ Athlon w/512k cache
80gigabyte SATA Seagate barracuda
48x Pioneer CD/DVD player
52x Liteon Cd burner
ASUS A7N8X deluxe
Radeon 9700 pro
2x 256 DDR 2700
April 13, 2003 1:17:51 AM

I've got the exact same case.
Check the power connections to the fans (make sure they arent disconnected or upside down or loose or something). Also, make sure that they are not disabled in the BIOS.

Hope it helps!
April 13, 2003 6:02:04 AM

Thats strange that the PSU and chassy fans dont work.

If it were just the chassy ones one could theorise that the mobo is damages somehow.

Does the system still boot ok and run properly?

I would hook the casefans up to molex connectors to make sure they still work ok.

<b>When life hands you lemons, ask for a bottle of tequila and salt</b>
<A HREF="http://members.iinet.net.au/~lhgpoobaa/images" target="_new">My Images!</A>
Related resources
April 13, 2003 10:49:00 AM

How did you connect the fans? With special fan connectors of the CPU, with the motherboard or with the 4-pin molex connectors?

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek: 
April 13, 2003 5:04:16 PM

No the system boots up just fine but the chassis and PSU fans don't work. I'm sure everything is connected fine. I'll try using 4-pin molex connectors. I still can't figure out why my PSU fan does not work. Should I return my case?
!