Windows 7 and Office 2007 icons

senordobyns

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
I just finished building a second computer using AMD quad core, gigabyte board, 4 gig ddr3, blah, blah, blah.

First computer went just fine and has been working for several months with windows 7 64 bit and office 2007.

Computer #2 was built a few days ago, everything seemed well for about 30 hours when, upon reboot, I lost the icons for office 07. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint all work fine but when I attempted to open Outlook, the program wouldn't open. I then attempted to unistall Office 07 and I couldn't. I tried to reload Office 07 and I got another error screen. Anyone out there with a similiar problem along with a fix?

senordobyns

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
I teach, and if I want to use a computer that is actually reliable and up to date, I sacrafice and build my own. My HD had some issues on my last build, some 6 or 7 years ago, and it out performed all the other "new" computers the other teachers were using. I had been toying with the idea of a new build and so I decided to bite the bullet and do it.

senordobyns

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006

I have 4 screen shots but I can't tell how to include them?

What are those last 2 screen shots? I've never seen those before...

Are you attempting to run one of the Office programs when those appeared? You still haven't said what exactly happens when you try uninstalling Office, or if you have tried using the integrated diagnostic tools.

senordobyns

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006

1. The icons, as you can see, are not present for any of the office programs nor do the icons appear with the documents (.docx etc) that are associated with office programs.

2. I cannot open outlook 2007, as shown by the two pics that indicate that there are problems.

3. I attempted to unistall office 2007 but received a message stating that the uninstall was unsuccessful.

4. I attempted the diagnotic but it didn't find a reason.

Thus, how can I uninstall a program that won't uninstall? I have a feeling that if I can uninstall and then reinstall it might fix the problem. The odd thing is that, as previously mentioned, build one has no problems whereas this build does.

RobertLP

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
Used Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and that did the job. I too had lost icons and was unable to remove or repair Office 2007 on a Windows 7 machine.
thank you!!