Mobile device management

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012
I'm planning to upgrade with the rest of my school, but I'll be getting a windows 8 haswell ultrabook instead of an iPad. My school will require MDM on mobile devices used for school. What is it and how do I put it on windows 8? Will my school be controlling my new computer on and off campus? Is it just while on wifi at the school? Please help.

Thanks

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012
I've asked the school's network administrator, and he doesn't have all of the info either, but he has informed me that most of the mdm software he's seen works on IOS or android, but he is unsure about windows 8.

for all I know, it might be classified differently in the rule book. it might be considered a laptop instead of a "mobile device"

EmilyWood

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
DeviceMax offers Mobile Device Management with flexible deployment options like software licensing or managed service solution across all major mobile platforms available. It also supports mobile messaging and end user service desk support. It addresses every facet of the need for mobile device configuration at present and provides a framework for meeting the future needs with most advanced technology.