Empire Earth: Planes useless?

In (EE1) solo game vs the computers, are planes completely useless? The
computer usually has lots of air defenses which makes it costly to bomb
anything, and if I have to clear the air defenses with land forces, I
might as well destroy the rest of the base while doing so.

As for air defense, all those slow fighters circling around does not
seem to cover a lot of area anyway. I find it much easier to build
static air defenses and cheap stinger infantry.

Opinions?

JG

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

yeah your right there. Unles you can focus on using Fighter bombers to cut
a path just a bit into the enemy base knocking out one or two A points to
leth them close enough to bomb a house or something that will overblast into
other defences and then use nukes to roll back all its defences. .

On 12 Jul 2005 00:30:16 -0700, inferno2000@my-deja.com wrote:

>In (EE1) solo game vs the computers, are planes completely useless? The
>computer usually has lots of air defenses which makes it costly to bomb
>anything, and if I have to clear the air defenses with land forces, I
>might as well destroy the rest of the base while doing so.

Planes are basically support units - if an enemy is attacking you and
neglected anti-air, his forced get damaged.

Of course, you might have better luck with nuclear bombers With increased
health, and range. (Not sure if area can be increased, but increase that
first.) While a structure can survive one bomb, a group of four can take
out that tower (or a production center.)

>As for air defense, all those slow fighters circling around does not
>seem to cover a lot of area anyway.

Yau could try putting them on a patrol route. Other than that, patrolling
fighters are only useful for defending a critical building (e.g. a wonder).