communiction failure Lite-On 52X

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am getting failures writing with my new Lite-On 52x-24x-52x burner. I have updated the firmware to the latest version. The message error in the burn report says this:
#30 MMC-1024 file writer.cpp line 331 Communication Failure.
Any advise or guesses would help me, I am using both GQ 48x and TDK 32x Music CD-R media at or below recommended speeds.
System is as follows:
ASUS P4S33 SIS645 chipset
IBM 60GB HD (Non-prob model)
Corsair 300mhz RAM at 266 CL2 512Megs 2x256
P4 1.5Ghz
Windows XP using Windows Media Player 9 with Nero plug-in, and still did it without the Plug in.
Enermax EG365P-VE 350w power supply.

It will sometimes write almost the whole disc, and then at the closing, bring up the error and quit. I am writing from HD MP3 files to audio CD files on the CD. It doesn't seem to have any probs with the converting. I had no probs with my Plextor 16x burner till WinXP told me not to use the EZ-CD creator and I did anyway, and it jammed the burner. I was hoping this new Lite-On would work ok using the Win Media Player burner, but NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!.
UPDATE: Tried dBpowerAMP writer and used MP3 writing but same result, communication failure.
anyways, I digress, Thanks for reading,
Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Take_Out on 04/15/03 06:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"Bump"
Okay, re-worded some parts that may have been hard to under-stand. Give me some replies, please. I am considering using Nero5 if I can get it cheap ($10+-). Looks like that is about all the bundles now on the new burners.
Thanks,
Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Yes, nero is possibly the best burning software around.

if nero fails then the problem could lie in driver conflicts, dodgey or damaged IDE cables or just a flakey drive.

<b>Now can someone explain how we ever got the idea that baby bunnies lay multicolored eggs made of chocolate in our living rooms?" :lol: </b>
<A HREF="http://members.iinet.net.au/~lhgpoobaa/images" target="_new">http://members.iinet.net.au/~lhgpoobaa/images</A>

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks much for the reply, and I am considering ordering another 52x Lite On so I would have another I need, as well as a Nero program. I just wish I could unfreeze the Plextor that froze with Win XP using Adaptec EZ CD 4.01. But we lives and learns.
It is a chocolate bunny, by the way, so not bound by normal rules of nature.
Take-Out. Thanks again.

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
So its chocolate bunnies that lay other chocolate bunnies? Sounds like some sort of self replicating virus!

THE EASTER BUNNY IS GONNA TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

<b>Now can someone explain how we ever got the idea that baby bunnies lay multicolored eggs made of chocolate in our living rooms?" :lol: </b>
<A HREF="http://members.iinet.net.au/~lhgpoobaa/images" target="_new">http://members.iinet.net.au/~lhgpoobaa/images</A>

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dem bunnies have ALREADY taken over the world, just watch them replicate at supermarkets and homes. They are diabolical, I tells ya.
Take care,
Take-Out

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Oh, yeah, the thread, well, I just recieved the NEW Lite-On burner 52x and soon as I can muster the gumption, I will try out the bundled software with the new and the re-furbished 52x to see the outcome. I think I may have a touch of SARS, heh.
I know it is no joking matter,
Take-Out