Voice Mail

Last response: in Network Providers
January 10, 2005 12:49:19 AM

When roaming off the Sprint network, how do I retrieve voicemail? Is there a
number to call?

Also, when I am roaming off the Spring network, will I receive my voicemail
indicator?

What are your experiences?

Thanks,

-mij

More about : voice mail

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 1:32:18 AM

Mij Adyaw wrote:
> When roaming off the Sprint network, how do I retrieve voicemail? Is there a
> number to call?

Your own cell phone number (that applies to checking voicemail from your phone
even if you're on Sprint's network.)

> Also, when I am roaming off the Spring network, will I receive my voicemail
> indicator?

Most likely not.

January 10, 2005 1:36:48 AM

Mij Adyaw wrote:
> When roaming off the Sprint network, how do I retrieve voicemail? Is there a
> number to call?

Call your own number, either from your cell phone or from a landline
phone. If from a landline, do it with your cellphone off, or don't
answer it. When you hear your greeting, press *, then follow the
prompts to enter your passcode, then you're in your mailbox.

> Also, when I am roaming off the Spring network, will I receive my voicemail
> indicator?

As I posted earlier today, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends on the
roaming provider.

> What are your experiences?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -mij

January 11, 2005 1:07:38 AM

Mij Adyaw wrote:
> When roaming off the Sprint network, how do I retrieve voicemail? Is there a
> number to call?

You should still be able to call your own number and retrieve voicemail.

> Also, when I am roaming off the Spring network, will I receive my voicemail
> indicator?

This is hit or miss. If you're in analog roaming, then it's almost
certain you won't get a voice mail indicator (this is because most
analog networks don't support that feature. If roaming on a CDMA
network, there's a better chance, but I still wouldn't count on it.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
January 12, 2005 7:01:46 AM

dial your number, just like if you were checking it from a land line.

!