Questions about samsung a680, sanyo 8200, and sprint insur..

Last response: in Network Providers
a b Ô Samsung
January 10, 2005 7:26:27 PM

I am planning to get a new phone with sprint, and
pretty much narrowed it down to two phones. Bunch of questions:

A680:
*-For those of you who have the a680, does the phone have a reminder
alert
every ~5 minutes for missed voicemail? (My old samsung had that, and
was
wondering if samsung still kept it with the newer phones.)
*-Can the external LED light blink different colors for incoming calls
corresponding to a given group in the phonebook?
*-Can downloaded images be used on the external LCD for caller ID?
*-Can it have real sound ringtones, or only polyphonic?
*-I also heard that the samsung is slow in web browsing. Is that true:
better or worse than the 8200?
-Do you feel the camera lens situated in a good position to take
pictures when
the flip is opened?
-Durability?
-Any comments in comparison with the newer A740?
-Does it have enough internal memory? I heard it has 2MB available
memory
for downloads.

8200:
*-Does the phone have a reminder alert every ~5 minutes for missed
voicemail?
*-Does it have enough internal memory? I heard that it has 8MB RAM,
but only
1MB of downloads. Is the samsung better in the memory aspect?
-I've heard stories about this phone's speaker breaking down after
about 6
months or so. Anyone confirm this?
-Is the user interface not as easy as the samsung's?
-Would you have preferred the samsung phone? I've seen that the
samsung phone
has been rated better by CNET & PCMagazine.

Insurance:
If you pay for sprint optional insurance ($5/month) and need to repair
your
phone later on, do they do it for free, or do they charge you a
deductable?

Thanks for your help!!!
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
May 31, 2005 2:31:15 AM

-A680 not sure about the voice mail.
-not sure about the light.
-the downloaded images can be on the external display and incoming
calls.
-not sure about the ring tones.
-i'm not sure about the net, but i wouldn't complain its mostly what ur
viewing if there is a pic or not.
-i don't mind the lens there, the good part i like is that u can have
it close and see the display on the external display.
-well mine hasn't broke yet, but i havn't dropped it or anything like
that.
- 2MB is a lil low. but u can work around that by DL ur pics of the
cam. i havn'tbeen successful in getting video's off.
hopefully that answered ur questions some what.

--
crazything