Battletech 1: The Crescent Hawk's Inception Question

Is Battletech 1: The Crescent Hawk's Inception an open-ended game?

On 20 Jul 2005 18:09:44 -0700,
briansipler@yahoo.com <briansipler@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is Battletech 1: The Crescent Hawk's Inception an open-ended game?

no, there is eventually a quest and an end to the game.

from what I remember, it IS fairly open ended - except the end.

<briansipler@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is Battletech 1: The Crescent Hawk's Inception an open-ended game?

briansipler@yahoo.com wrote:
> Is Battletech 1: The Crescent Hawk's Inception an open-ended game?

There is a plotline - but it is optional to follow the related
tasks/quests. If you want to just focus on building up your mechs, team
members, equipment, money, etc - instead of the plot, there is nothing
in the game to stop you.

Daniel Eig

"Dtolman" <dtolman@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> briansipler@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Is Battletech 1: The Crescent Hawk's Inception an open-ended game?
>
> There is a plotline - but it is optional to follow the related
> tasks/quests. If you want to just focus on building up your mechs, team
> members, equipment, money, etc - instead of the plot, there is nothing
> in the game to stop you.

Except that you reach a point where you have a full squad (5 people?) and
fully upgraded Mechs (3?) tons of cash and just walk all over the random
spawn encounters. This is especially true if you have two "special" mechs
that can't be gotten from salvage.

Whilst there is nothing to stop you just cruising around the map looking for
fights, there is not a real lot of enjoyment to be gained from the rinse and
repeat fights for no real gain.