Wireless Network Problems.

Last response: in Networking
May 27, 2004 11:49:03 AM

I am having a lot of problems with my wireless internet
connection. Both my roommates have no problem (because
they're both connected by cables). My computer is in
another room, so it needs a wireless connection.
Unfortunately, there are many Wireless networks in the
building (because many students like us are sharing
internet connections to save costs).... so I suspect
these other networks of interfering. Is there any way
to "stupid proof" the network, so to speak, so that I can
block out unwanted networks and stay connected to my own?
May 27, 2004 12:40:55 PM

Bright Eyes,

Two stupid proff ways I cna think of right off:

(1) Use MAC identification on your base station along
with WEP. Input the MAC address of your PC into the base
station through the Security settings in the Management
tool. Many ways to see your MAC, but a
simple "ipconfig /all" in the command prmpt will show you
your IP and physical address (MAC).
(2) GO into the Boradband Utility under "Tool"
to "adapter settings". You'll see a list of all the
availble networks. Put your network as primary and
delete the others. Save the setting.

!