dialing into pbx switch.

Last response: in Network Providers
January 12, 2005 6:59:13 AM

i have a sanyo cell phone and i would like to be able to dial up to pbx
switches. anyone have any ideas. this is not a ip connection it is a 9600 n
8 1 connection. i can get procom to let me select the cell phone, but it
dosnt see dial tone. can i change this to make it work

More about : dialing pbx switch

Anonymous
January 12, 2005 4:21:58 PM

"mark devoll" <mark@devoll.org> wrote in message
> i have a sanyo cell phone and i would like to be able to dial up to pbx
> switches. anyone have any ideas. this is not a ip connection it is a 9600
> 8 1 connection. i can get procom to let me select the cell phone, but it
> dosnt see dial tone. can i change this to make it work

You didn't mention which model Sanyo phone you have. The only way to do what
you want above, is with a 2G capable phone. IOW, a Sanyo 4700 or older
model.

Bob
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 4:45:49 PM

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:21:58 +0000, Bob Smith wrote:

> "mark devoll" <mark@devoll.org> wrote in message
>> i have a sanyo cell phone and i would like to be able to dial up to pbx
>> switches. anyone have any ideas. this is not a ip connection it is a 9600
>> 8 1 connection. i can get procom to let me select the cell phone, but it
>> dosnt see dial tone. can i change this to make it work
>
> You didn't mention which model Sanyo phone you have. The only way to do what
> you want above, is with a 2G capable phone. IOW, a Sanyo 4700 or older
> model.
>
> Bob

Also you will need the WW add-on which if you don't have it you will be
charged per a minute of use. Which can become very costly.
January 13, 2005 4:35:00 AM

scp 8100
"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "mark devoll" <mark@devoll.org> wrote in message
> > i have a sanyo cell phone and i would like to be able to dial up to pbx
> > switches. anyone have any ideas. this is not a ip connection it is a
9600
> > 8 1 connection. i can get procom to let me select the cell phone, but it
> > dosnt see dial tone. can i change this to make it work
>
> You didn't mention which model Sanyo phone you have. The only way to do
what
> you want above, is with a 2G capable phone. IOW, a Sanyo 4700 or older
> model.
>
> Bob

Anonymous
January 13, 2005 4:35:44 AM

i have pcs vision
"Central" <spam2@central.2y.net> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.01.12.18.45.45.262238@central.2y.net...
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:21:58 +0000, Bob Smith wrote:
>

> > "mark devoll" <mark@devoll.org> wrote in message
> >> i have a sanyo cell phone and i would like to be able to dial up to pbx
> >> switches. anyone have any ideas. this is not a ip connection it is a
9600
> >> 8 1 connection. i can get procom to let me select the cell phone, but
it
> >> dosnt see dial tone. can i change this to make it work
> >
> > You didn't mention which model Sanyo phone you have. The only way to do
what
> > you want above, is with a 2G capable phone. IOW, a Sanyo 4700 or older
> > model.
> >
> > Bob
>
> Also you will need the WW add-on which if you don't have it you will be
> charged per a minute of use. Which can become very costly.
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 4:35:45 AM

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 01:35:44 +0000, mark devoll wrote:

> i have pcs vision

That is for 3g/1xRTT data services. The 2g service that was being refered
to is called, if I recall, wireless web and allows you to either dial up a
number to use sprintpcs for 9.6-14.4k internet or to use their modem banks
to dial an isp/data number. Due to the way cellphones work for you to dial
a remote modem (such as an isp/data service) your phone has to utilize a
real modem on sprintpcs' network that does the calling for you. Vision
access is designed to remove that hardware dependency. For you to use the
old system you have to pay for that specific plan/feature and get a phone
that can use it. Most vision phones, I have not found one yet but maybe
there is one, are not able to utilize the 2g web service.
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 1:11:00 PM

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:25:13 -0500, Central <spam2@central.2y.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 01:35:44 +0000, mark devoll wrote:
>
>> i have pcs vision
>
>That is for 3g/1xRTT data services. The 2g service that was being refered
>to is called, if I recall, wireless web and allows you to either dial up a
>number to use sprintpcs for 9.6-14.4k internet or to use their modem banks
>to dial an isp/data number. Due to the way cellphones work for you to dial
>a remote modem (such as an isp/data service) your phone has to utilize a
>real modem on sprintpcs' network that does the calling for you. Vision
>access is designed to remove that hardware dependency. For you to use the
>old system you have to pay for that specific plan/feature and get a phone
>that can use it. Most vision phones, I have not found one yet but maybe
>there is one, are not able to utilize the 2g web service.

The 3G network has a similar dial-up feature except that it gives you
33k~56k instead of 9.6k, but alas I haven't used it in so long I've
forgotten how. Maybe someone else knows...
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 5:44:31 PM

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:11:00 -0600, Spider wrote:

> The 3G network has a similar dial-up feature except that it gives you
> 33k~56k instead of 9.6k, but alas I haven't used it in so long I've
> forgotten how. Maybe someone else knows...

Perhaps you can recall the phone you used?
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 6:18:18 PM

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:44:31 -0500, Central <spam2@central.2y.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:11:00 -0600, Spider wrote:
>

>> The 3G network has a similar dial-up feature except that it gives you
>> 33k~56k instead of 9.6k, but alas I haven't used it in so long I've
>> forgotten how. Maybe someone else knows...
>
>Perhaps you can recall the phone you used?

Had to do some digging around, but finally found notes that say it's a
Connection Manager thing, so any 3G handset (tethered) or Data Card
should work, assuming CM still has the functionality built in. I don't
have one to test with right now, but you should be able to enter a
10-digit number, username, and password into CM and it will 'dial' an
IP connection to an endpoint on the SPCS network, and from there it
will dial the actual number you entered using a modem pool. Note that
the username and password are the credentials needed at the remote end
to establish the connection, not your Vision info.

I know CM's been updated several times over the past 2 years, but I
assume this still works. Please let me know.
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 7:00:58 PM

is the a user name and password for sprint?
"Spider" <onionspider@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:44:31 -0500, Central <spam2@central.2y.net>
> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:11:00 -0600, Spider wrote:
> >

> >> The 3G network has a similar dial-up feature except that it gives you
> >> 33k~56k instead of 9.6k, but alas I haven't used it in so long I've
> >> forgotten how. Maybe someone else knows...
> >
> >Perhaps you can recall the phone you used?
>
> Had to do some digging around, but finally found notes that say it's a
> Connection Manager thing, so any 3G handset (tethered) or Data Card
> should work, assuming CM still has the functionality built in. I don't
> have one to test with right now, but you should be able to enter a
> 10-digit number, username, and password into CM and it will 'dial' an
> IP connection to an endpoint on the SPCS network, and from there it
> will dial the actual number you entered using a modem pool. Note that
> the username and password are the credentials needed at the remote end
> to establish the connection, not your Vision info.
>
> I know CM's been updated several times over the past 2 years, but I
> assume this still works. Please let me know.

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 7:22:08 PM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:00:58 GMT, "MARK DEVOLL" <MARK@DEVOLL.ORG>
wrote:

>is the a user name and password for sprint?

If that was for me, I'm sorry but I didn't understand the question.

>"Spider" <onionspider@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:44:31 -0500, Central <spam2@central.2y.net>
>> wrote:

>> >Perhaps you can recall the phone you used?
>>
>> Had to do some digging around, but finally found notes that say it's a
>> Connection Manager thing, so any 3G handset (tethered) or Data Card
>> should work, assuming CM still has the functionality built in. I don't
>> have one to test with right now, but you should be able to enter a
>> 10-digit number, username, and password into CM and it will 'dial' an
>> IP connection to an endpoint on the SPCS network, and from there it
>> will dial the actual number you entered using a modem pool. Note that
>> the username and password are the credentials needed at the remote end
>> to establish the connection, not your Vision info.
>>
>> I know CM's been updated several times over the past 2 years, but I
>> assume this still works. Please let me know.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 3:50:32 PM

In article <8fkFd.9932$wZ2.7394@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
mark@devoll.org says...
> scp 8100
> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "mark devoll" <mark@devoll.org> wrote in message
> > > i have a sanyo cell phone and i would like to be able to dial up to pbx
> > > switches. anyone have any ideas. this is not a ip connection it is a
> 9600
> > > 8 1 connection. i can get procom to let me select the cell phone, but it
> > > dosnt see dial tone. can i change this to make it work
> >
> > You didn't mention which model Sanyo phone you have. The only way to do
> what
> > you want above, is with a 2G capable phone. IOW, a Sanyo 4700 or older
> > model.
> >
> > Bob

There's no guarantee that this dial-in function will work, but if it
works, you'll pay $0.39/minute while you're doing it. No exceptions.
Before I left, I had to take a call from a customer who tried to deny he
did it. 1500 minutes of calls to an ISP for $585.

Since you say this isn't being done via TCP/IP, then, if it works, it
becomes a "circuit-switched data call". And there's no plan item to
support a Vision phone doing it. There's only "casual usage",
$0.39/min.

--
RØß
O/Siris