Treo 650 vs. Blackberry

I'm trying to purchase a pda device for e-mail purposes mainly. I will
be using this for non-corporate e-mail right now. (I'm in a startup,
and we just use IMAP/POP3 rather than exchange at this point).

Which one of these models would people recommend? Are there others I
should be considering? Are these technologies / features vastly
different?
13 answers Last reply
More about treo blackberry

    jljackson wrote:
    > I'm trying to purchase a pda device for e-mail purposes mainly. I will
    > be using this for non-corporate e-mail right now. (I'm in a startup,
    > and we just use IMAP/POP3 rather than exchange at this point).
    >
    > Which one of these models would people recommend? Are there others I
    > should be considering? Are these technologies / features vastly
    > different?

    The Treo I think would meet your needs now and in the future using
    POP/IMAP and Exchange syncing. The BlackBerry relies on a program
    running on your desktop to push messages to your device.

    Why did you like the BB?

    Why didn't you like the BB?

    just for the record, I think the issue on the 650 is the memory. They
    did a very stupid thing in the os and required all data written to the
    flash rom to be at least 512 bytes. this ends up wasting a lot of
    storage and sometimes data that fit on the 600 won't fit onto the 650

    the one thing that is very appealing about the BB is the push
    technology. I can't seem to find anyone knowledgeable at spring to
    tell me how the technology on the treo compares.

    the one thing that is very appealing about the BB is the push
    technology. I can't seem to find anyone knowledgeable at spring to
    tell me how the technology on the treo compares.

    Not sure how the Treo works but with the Blackberry I actually didn't like
    the push technology. I felt it used a lot of battery power. I would have to
    charge it every night, there was no way I could get a mere two days out of
    one charge. My Sanyo RL2000 is 1,000 times better in battery power and
    signal strength.

    The other day me and a friend went to Home Depot. He has the 7510 also and
    he needed to call someone but he didn't have a signal at all. He had to call
    his brother about something he needed for the kitchen sink for installing
    his new dish washer. We were in the middle of the store and like I said, no
    signal so I handed him my phone and said "try mine". He made the call, got
    what he needed and we were outta there. His BB was also on Nextel and he got
    his signal back as soon as we left the store. Mine didn't drop one bar even
    in the store.

    "jljackson" <jackson.jon@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > the one thing that is very appealing about the BB is the push
    > technology. I can't seem to find anyone knowledgeable at spring to
    > tell me how the technology on the treo compares.

    though this is a issue, palm is giving awa 128 mb SD card for free to
    registered treo 650 users therefore it not a big deal.

    > just for the record, I think the issue on the 650 is the memory. They
    > did a very stupid thing in the os and required all data written to the
    > flash rom to be at least 512 bytes. this ends up wasting a lot of
    > storage and sometimes data that fit on the 600 won't fit onto the 650

  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    jljackson wrote:
    > the one thing that is very appealing about the BB is the push
    > technology. I can't seem to find anyone knowledgeable at spring to
    > tell me how the technology on the treo compares.

    There are a couple of push email technologies for the Treo. Checkout
    Chatter, it's an email client that pushes to your Treo. Also, you can
    checkout the Sprint Business Connection Software.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    For true "push" technology check out www.good.com

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:23:19 -0600, Kash76 <here@there.com> wrote:

    >jljackson wrote:
    >> the one thing that is very appealing about the BB is the push
    >> technology. I can't seem to find anyone knowledgeable at spring to
    >> tell me how the technology on the treo compares.
    >>
    >There are a couple of push email technologies for the Treo. Checkout
    >Chatter, it's an email client that pushes to your Treo. Also, you can
    >checkout the Sprint Business Connection Software.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    jljackson,

    I am big Treo fan because it meets my needs. I also like the fact that it
    seems more expandable with types of apps then the BB. Of course this is a
    biased opinion since I love it. Check out the discussion groups at
    www.treocentral.com those guys can answer just about any question on the
    treo.

    "jljackson" <jackson.jon@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > the one thing that is very appealing about the BB is the push
    > technology. I can't seem to find anyone knowledgeable at spring to
    > tell me how the technology on the treo compares.

  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    jljackson Wrote:
    > the one thing that is very appealing about the BB is the push
    > technology. I can't seem to find anyone knowledgeable at spring to
    > tell me how the technology on the treo compares.

    Hey you posting everything twice?? Did you notice that??

    --
    jackies35
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    I feel so bad about purchasing this phone....
    I am always hearing how outdated and disappointing it is!!

    Thank God it does exactly what I want it to do!! LOL...

    --
    jackies35

Sprint PCS Email BlackBerry Internet Service Providers