Sign in with
Your question

How to restore my Acer Aspire 5735Z to basic windows7 format without installatio

Last response: in Windows 7
June 22, 2012 10:16:59 AM

I stupidly changed the ownership of my windows 7 ultimate system files and program files folder in an attempt to share music and such from another laptop. I aborted this after numerous tries. Frustrated and fed up I decided to cut, copy and paste all my music via USB. I tried to launch iTunes (which I'd done many times before) and now I get a message that says
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec...\eeCtrl64.sys 
So naturally I re-downloaded iTunes, alas, same problem appeared with a different message which said
"The folder path 'Program Files (x86)' contains an invalid character"

I tried a couple of methods on your site but, either I didn't do it properly (likely) or they just didn't work.

PLEASE TOMSHARDWARE! Can you help this somewhat computer illiterate woman!!???
June 22, 2012 12:39:10 PM

I think your best bet is doing a system restore.
To do this open up your start menu and in the search bar at the bottom type in system restore and press enter.
This will bring up a new window.
Tick the circle stating choose a different restore point, then choose a restore point before the system started playing up and carry on through the menus.
m
l
June 23, 2012 11:25:40 AM

David, thanks for answering. I tried that but it didn't have a restore point beyond the stuff up. How and why that is, I have no idea! I've restored other computers before but this one gives me no end of trouble. I'm starting to think my only option is to buy a whole new W7 pack and start all over again......actually, how can I do that if I'm being denied any attempt I make to install something? Time to get a new laptop? I'm so frustrated arrggh!
m
l
June 23, 2012 11:29:40 AM

david_w said:
I think your best bet is doing a system restore.
To do this open up your start menu and in the search bar at the bottom type in system restore and press enter.
This will bring up a new window.
Tick the circle stating choose a different restore point, then choose a restore point before the system started playing up and carry on through the menus.

David, thanks for answering. I tried that but it didn't have a restore point beyond the stuff up. How and why that is, I have no idea! I've restored other computers before but this one gives me no end of trouble. I'm starting to think my only option is to buy a whole new W7 pack and start all over again......actually, how can I do that if I'm being denied any attempt I make to install something? Time to get a new laptop? I'm so frustrated arrggh :cry:  :pt1cable: 
m
l
!