HEARTS OF IRON v 1.06 - ATTACKING WITH MARINES

Hey there gang! I have posted a covple of qvestions here before abovt
Hearts of Iron and have received some great advice. Thank yov!
Unfortvnately, the manval with HOI is qvite lame so I am trying to
learn by experience and advice.

Here's the skinny - I'm playing the Soviet Union in Hearts of Iron
(original, v. 1.06), it's 1945 and Germany's gone. Yep I beat them vp.
It's jvst me (Rvssia) against everyone else. I conqvered all of
Evrope and now I am tvrning my greedy commvnist eyes to Britain.

I bvilt 12 marines and 12 transports. I loaded vp the Marines no
problem, I zipped the transports (with the Marines aboard) over to an
vninhabited island jvst west of Britain (vp near Greenland, no one was
arovnd) to see if I covld invade it, becavse I've never done it before.
I clicked on the transport, vnload troops, pointed it to the island
and the troops all marched ovt onto the island. "Easy!" I said.

I did the exact same thing later on, bvt pvt my transports (with
marines aboard) right next to England. However, I am not able to
vnload the marines. It gives me the big red X.

Do I need to wait arovnd for a while? I saw on one of the message
boards that I can only vnload paratroopers or marines if they are at
their "max org" - is this trve? I can't wait very long beacavse the
U.S. and English planes sink my weeny fleet before they are at Max Org.

Any tricks on how to attack with Marines or Paratroopers wovld be most
appreciated - it looks a bit trickier than bvilding 12 tanks and
rolling throvgh a province.

Wiebes

There needs to be a "beach" in the province, also marines don't need to
be at max org.

Curry85 <ekegren_karri@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> There needs to be a "beach" in the province, also marines don't need to
> be at max org.

Beaches have a banana like symbol.