games don't exit completely

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

hi, can someone pls help..
i have experienced this problem for quite a few games..
when i want to stop playing a game & clicked on the
exit/quit button, the game screen still remain frozen on
the screen.. it doesn't go back to my desktop.. i can see
my mouse pointer and when i press the windows key on my
keyboard, i can hear the sound that plays when the Start
menu is pressed..

that means, the computer did not hang, and i'm actually at
my desktop but just that the screen doesn't show it.. the
game screen is still there covering my desktop.. =[ (this
only happen for games running in full screen) Normally
when this happen, i have to restart my comp.. =(

is there anything wrong with my pc or is it my monitor..?
can somebody pls help.... thanks!!

Hi User,

When that happens again, try pressing ALT+TAB to get
back to your desktop. Let us know the results. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms