MN-500 activity

My MN-500 base station shows internet activity to my computer even when I am
not logged on. The network firewall is on and checks OK. Is there a way I
can determine what is being transferred?
3 answers Last reply
More about activity

    What security protocols are you using? WEP, WPA, MAC
    address? Or none?

    Could be a warrior is serving you... getting free ISP off
    you.

    If it is very occasionally, it may be Messenger, time
    synchronization, or NetBIOS broadcasts.

    It could also be spyware on the computer. Install the
    free ZoneAlarm on the computer. It will alert you which
    systems are accessing the Internet.

    A simpler method is to enable logging on ICF. Open the
    property dialog for the connection in Network
    Connections. Go to the Advanced tab, check ICF and click
    Advanced Settings. On the Security Logging tab check Log
    successful connections. The data will be saved on the
    file shown (typically C:\windows\pfirewall.log) -- this
    approach has the disadvantage of blocking valid LAN
    traffic between computers within your LAN (if you have
    multiple computers)

    An alternative is to run Commmand Prompt and enter
    netstat -ano. This lists processes accessing the network.

    Thanks for the helpful comments. I do use 64-bit WEP security. Apparently
    the activity I'm seeing is associated with status checking within my
    network. I tried Zonealram and the netstat command. It was good
    information.
    "Kent Smith" <ksmith@centurytel.net> wrote in message
    > My MN-500 base station shows internet activity to my computer even when I
    am
    > not logged on. The network firewall is on and checks OK. Is there a way
    > can determine what is being transferred?

Routers Hardware Microsoft Networking