What game/s do you think have the best sound and why?

What PC game (or game/s, if you reckon a few qualify) do you reckon has
the best sound compared to other games (as in the best sound mix, best
sound design, best sound effects, etc.) and please elaborate on your
reason/s why, for each game/s mentioned.

"Cass" <cas412@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What PC game (or game/s, if you reckon a few qualify) do you reckon has
> the best sound compared to other games (as in the best sound mix, best
> sound design, best sound effects, etc.) and please elaborate on your
> reason/s why, for each game/s mentioned.

I've always like the music in Baldur's Gate 2. Also the main theme of
Morrowind.

"Cass" <cas412@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What PC game (or game/s, if you reckon a few qualify) do you reckon has
> the best sound compared to other games (as in the best sound mix, best
> sound design, best sound effects, etc.) and please elaborate on your
> reason/s why, for each game/s mentioned.

I reckon that most people/s don't much care, etc. What you have here is a
absurdly unimaginative poll/s that I reckon/s, etc., no one is much
interested in. Try maybe something/s a bit new and folk/s I reckon, etc.,
would be more/most interested in, etc., reckon/s.

Alanb

"Alan Bernardo" <ifeelyourpain@ihatebush.net> wrote in message

> "Cass" <cas412@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> What PC game (or game/s, if you reckon a few qualify) do you reckon has
>> the best sound compared to other games (as in the best sound mix, best
>> sound design, best sound effects, etc.) and please elaborate on your
>> reason/s why, for each game/s mentioned.
>>

> I reckon that most people/s don't much care, etc. What you have here is a
> absurdly unimaginative poll/s that I reckon/s, etc., no one is much
> interested in. Try maybe something/s a bit new and folk/s I reckon, etc.,
> would be more/most interested in, etc., reckon/s.
>
> Alanb

music hater/s!

On 12 Aug 2005 03:12:41 -0700, Cass wrote:

> What PC game (or game/s, if you reckon a few qualify) do you reckon has
> the best sound compared to other games (as in the best sound mix, best
> sound design, best sound effects, etc.) and please elaborate on your
> reason/s why, for each game/s mentioned.

This is completely subjective, but I've always liked the theme songs (Air
Song, Song of Life, etc.) in "Age of Wonders 2: Shadow Magic". I found them
to be very soothing without making one fall asleep. But as I said, it's
very subjective.

M.

Talking of game soundracks, my top five would be:

Gabriel Knight 1
Planescape: Torment
Silver (unknown game but FANTASTIC sountrack, among the best ever)
Monkey Island
Fantasy General

With an honorable mention for Icewind Dale 1

Silent Hunter 3 would be up there...
the sound effects are very impressive, hull creaks caused by pressure,
ballast tanks blowing, all the little sounds inside a sub at 300 ft (i
assume), waves breaking against the sub, seagulls...

Swat 4 for the weapon sounds (most of 'em anyway), and the lack of a
soundtrack</GRIN>, flashbang/grenade after effects...

GTR for the engine sounds...