SMS messaging

Last response: in Network Providers
January 17, 2005 6:27:56 AM

Can anyone tell me how to send an SMS messaged to sprintpcs phone from an
application?
We are developing an application to send an SMS message to a phone (we all
have sprint pcs)
when certain events occur during the workday.

I tried sending them to phonenumber@sprintpcs.com and they wet to the users
as pcd mail messages not SMS messages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Ron Harter | Tongue, Tied and Twisted
rharter@pobox.com | Just an earth bound misfit ... I
| Pink Floyd

More about : sms messaging

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 6:27:57 AM

Send the email message to phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Ron Harter wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to send an SMS messaged to sprintpcs phone from an
> application?
> We are developing an application to send an SMS message to a phone (we all
> have sprint pcs)
> when certain events occur during the workday.
>
> I tried sending them to phonenumber@sprintpcs.com and they wet to the users
> as pcd mail messages not SMS messages.

> Ron Harter | Tongue, Tied and Twisted
> rharter@pobox.com | Just an earth bound misfit ... I
> | Pink Floyd

January 17, 2005 6:27:58 AM

Also see Isaiah Beard's reply this evening about www.notepager.com TAP
software in this newsgroup's thread "Numeric Paging Backdoor Number".

Frank Harris wrote:
> Send the email message to phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
>
> Ron Harter wrote:
>
>> Can anyone tell me how to send an SMS messaged to sprintpcs phone from
>> an application?
>> We are developing an application to send an SMS message to a phone (we
>> all have sprint pcs)
>> when certain events occur during the workday.
>>
>> I tried sending them to phonenumber@sprintpcs.com and they wet to the
>> users as pcd mail messages not SMS messages.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>

>> --
>> Ron Harter | Tongue, Tied and Twisted
>> rharter@pobox.com | Just an earth bound misfit ... I
>> | Pink Floyd

January 17, 2005 10:11:06 AM

Frank

Thanks a lot, that got it working.
--

"Frank Harris" <frankbhX@XcompuserveX.com> wrote in message
> Send the email message to phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
>
> Ron Harter wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me how to send an SMS messaged to sprintpcs phone from an
>> application?
>> We are developing an application to send an SMS message to a phone (we
>> all have sprint pcs)
>> when certain events occur during the workday.
>>
>> I tried sending them to phonenumber@sprintpcs.com and they wet to the
>> users as pcd mail messages not SMS messages.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>

>> --
>> Ron Harter | Tongue, Tied and Twisted
>> rharter@pobox.com | Just an earth bound misfit ... I
>> | Pink Floyd
>>

> --
> Frank Harris in San Francisco with an A680
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 8:29:15 AM

Frank Harris wrote:
> Send the email message to phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Since that works for you, then a true SMS app isn't needed.

I've used them before, its basically an cellphone appliance with an
RS-232 port.
!