Sign in with
Your question

How do i move files on windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
June 22, 2012 8:12:17 PM

Hello,
using you tube downloader i've downloaded some music vids but they go straight to documents.I want to move them to windows media player but I cant see how,help would be welcomed.

More about : move files windows

June 22, 2012 8:12:26 PM

Hello,
using you tube downloader i've downloaded some music vids but they go straight to documents.I want to move them to windows media player but I cant see how,help would be welcomed.
a b $ Windows 7
June 22, 2012 11:52:41 PM

sooo why can't you move them exactly? Do you not know how to move files in explorer?
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 22, 2012 11:52:49 PM

sooo why can't you move them exactly? Do you not know how to move files in explorer?
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2012 12:08:27 AM

Why can't you open the files in media player? Although it is traditional to have video files in "My Documents/Video" media player can open them up anywhere.
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2012 5:49:45 AM

if you want to move the files to a different location after you've downloaded, then try tera copy from codesector.
http://codesector.com/
if you want to download the files into a different folder, you might have to change the location where the files are being downloaded. in the youtube downloader, look for any setting called 'download location' and change it to your desired folder.
you cannot 'move' files to windows media player, as wmp is an application, not a folder/location. you can however, set windows media player or your preferred music player to monitor (in intervals) the folder in which you put the music files.
June 23, 2012 5:56:58 AM

Usually, you can change the location where the files downladed through a web browser are stored.

I don't know about IE and FireFox, but in Chrome:

1. Go to options ( the wrench on the top right corner.
2.Click the Settings Tab on the left of the options page
3. scroll down to advanced settings and click on it4
4. Scroll down to where it says "Downloads" and there you can change the location to which all your downloads are stored AND you can even request that the browser ask where you want every download is stored before it is downloaded.

Good Luck !
June 23, 2012 6:41:48 AM

This next topics has been merged by Amdfangirl
  • How do i move files on windows 7
    !