Wow! Interesting Audio News.

Last response: in Home Audio
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 15, 2005 3:37:43 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro, rec.audio.tech, rec.audio.opinion (More info?)

http://stereophile.com/news/0301405tymphany/

Ken Kantor + Tymphany + DST !!
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 15, 2005 3:37:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion (More info?)

> Speakers for plasma screens?
>
> Stephen

I've heard that the US government doesn't think 'monitor', it thinks
'TV' when it comes to these screens. Also for the upcoming changeover
all TVs must have speakers to meet the spec.

I heard this from someone who was upset about built in speakers taking
up space on his wall.

Peter
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 15, 2005 7:20:33 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion (More info?)

What's the "upcoming changeover" are you referring to? Is the US
government moving to all flat-panel?

(How about 5.1, too!)
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 15, 2005 10:14:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion (More info?)

In article
<bmF6.a784b96ae51197d89cdb0d7a4ab6e2e1@1110908263.nulluser.com>,
"Al DeJustice" <al@nospam.no> wrote:

> http://stereophile.com/news/0301405tymphany/
>
> Ken Kantor + Tymphany + DST !!

Speakers for plasma screens?

Stephen
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 1:53:22 PM

"Al DeJustice" <al@nospam.no> wrote in message

> http://stereophile.com/news/0301405tymphany/

> Ken Kantor + Tymphany + DST !!

"On March 10, Tymphany Corporation and Danish Sound Technology (DST)
announced a merger of the two companies, funded by Vantage Point Venture
Partners. The combined company, to be called Tymphany Corporation, will have
its headquarters in Cupertino, CA"

In modern business terminaology, merger = buyout. Therefore this can be
probably translated to read that
Vantage Point Partners, who no doubt owned lots of Tymphany, merged it with
DST as a convenient way to buy DST. DST was probably in some kind of
financial difficulty. Collapse of DST could have significant effects on the
high end loudspeaker world, as their products are widely used in better
speakers. The financial difficulties were probably due to agressive cloning
of DST products by factories in mainland China.

I'd bet money that quantities of the Tymphany driver have already been
produced in mainland China. The only question in my mind is whether those
Tymphany-design drivers were authorized by the patent-holders.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 7:05:53 PM

In article <ON2dnb7z8OHsy6XfRVn-1w@comcast.com> arnyk@hotpop.com writes:

> In modern business terminaology, merger = buyout. Therefore this can be
> probably translated to read that
> Vantage Point Partners, who no doubt owned lots of Tymphany, merged it with
> DST as a convenient way to buy DST.

And speaking of mergers, I finally saw the press relase about "Mackie"
buying St. Louis Music. As I interpret it, Sun Capital Ventures fed
money to LOUD Technologies to buy St. Louis Music. Maybe now I can
get paid by Mackie in banjos instead of Onyx mixers.

I tried to follow the filing document but got lost in various unknown
company names that look like they were probably made up just for this
transaction.

http://www.loudtechinc.com/news/2005/03072005_slm.html

Let me know if you can figger it out.

a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 7:22:58 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc (More info?)

Regarding this latest merger,
please note that last month Klipsch Audio bought Jano (another huge Danish
firm) - both make loudspeakers and cabinets.
See my link to Hi-Fi News article in rec.audio.misc on Mar10, 2005

Do these decisions signal a trend for USA manufacturers to acquire
successful European technology?
Bet a lot of it will be moved to China sooner than later.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 7:22:59 PM

"Jim Gregory" <jim.greg@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> Regarding this latest merger,
> please note that last month Klipsch Audio bought Jano (another huge
> Danish firm) - both make loudspeakers and cabinets.
> See my link to Hi-Fi News article in rec.audio.misc on Mar10, 2005

That would be Jamo.

> Do these decisions signal a trend for USA manufacturers to acquire
> successful European technology?

Could be.

Interesting that the Tymphany-DST merger was announced just a little while
later.

I get the impression that both european firms may have been approaching
financial difficulties.

> Bet a lot of it will be moved to China sooner than later.

The Chinese are very strong in speaker driver manufacturing. One of the
largest if not the largest driver factory in the world is located there.

Anybody who manufactures something sort of falls into a bad place if the
Chinese decide to compete with them, particularly at mid-prices and below.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 7:23:00 PM

Arny Krueger <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote:
>"Jim Gregory" <jim.greg@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>
>> Regarding this latest merger,
>> please note that last month Klipsch Audio bought Jano (another huge
>> Danish firm) - both make loudspeakers and cabinets.
>> See my link to Hi-Fi News article in rec.audio.misc on Mar10, 2005
>
>That would be Jamo.
>
>> Do these decisions signal a trend for USA manufacturers to acquire
>> successful European technology?
>
>Could be.

With the drop in the dollar, you would expect things to be going the other
way around. Or possibly US manufacturers are looking to invest abroad in
the hopes of having more sales in euros.

>Interesting that the Tymphany-DST merger was announced just a little while
>later.
>
>I get the impression that both european firms may have been approaching
>financial difficulties.

Both of them have very good products but not much representation in the US
at all. Which means takeover by a US company might help bring some of the
European-made products into the US.

>> Bet a lot of it will be moved to China sooner than later.
>
>The Chinese are very strong in speaker driver manufacturing. One of the
>largest if not the largest driver factory in the world is located there.
>
>Anybody who manufactures something sort of falls into a bad place if the
>Chinese decide to compete with them, particularly at mid-prices and below.

Right. And the problem with outsourcing to China is that your own
manufacturing partner becomes your competitor.
--scott
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 8:31:45 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc (More info?)

Sorry, Arny et alia, my typo! I should, of course, have written *Jamo* as I
did last week.
I hear what you said, China will make 60% of everything needed elsewhere
soon, let alone electronic goods.
Her industry and exports are prolific, but, as a consequence, the air and
rivers pollution there is rife.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 16, 2005 11:41:16 PM

They can't cheapen the Ampeg line any worse than Kornblum did....
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 17, 2005 12:15:02 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc (More info?)

"Arny Krveger" <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote in news:EPydndBlPs5S_KXfRVn-
tA@comcast.com:

> Anybody who manvfactvres something sort of falls into a bad place if the
> Chinese decide to compete with them, particvlarly at mid-prices and below.

It's easy to vndercvt capitalists who have to deal with vnions - jsvt employ
slave labovr, and save all that overhead.

--
Email, Smarthosting, Web hosting for individvals and bvsiness:
Come to http://www.spamblocked.com

The Open Sovrceror's Apprentice wrote:

> "Arny Krveger" <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote in news:EPydndBlPs5S_KXfRVn-
> tA@comcast.com:
>
> > Anybody who manvfactvres something sort of falls into a bad place if the
> > Chinese decide to compete with them, particvlarly at mid-prices and below.

> It's easy to vndercvt capitalists who have to deal with vnions - jsvt employ
> slave labovr, and save all that overhead.

Actvally, a friend of mine who has several speaker-design
patents (and licenses them to the Chinese) visited some
mainland factories a while back and was astovnded to
discover jvst how high-tech they were. I mean, he said they
were state of the art and eqval to and probably fvrther
advanced than anything he had seen in this covntry. He said
that a speaker that he wovld bvild for twenty bvcks over
here covld be bvilt for twenty cents over there, and wovld
probably be assembled better.

He also said that the workers all rode bicycles to work,
with the only car in the area (an old Evropean model) owned
by the plant manager. None of the workers appeared to be
oppressed or vnderfed, and all seemed to love their work.
The overall qvality of even the cheapest prodvcts was
impressive.

Frankly, I see this new centvry of ovrs ending with China
and India as the dominant powers in the world. (This may
even be the case by 2050.) China and India will pvll into
the lead for the same reason we pvlled of so many other
covntries: more workers doing the work. All other things
being eqval, force of nvmbers wins the day. The USA and the
Evropean Union will be also-rans. I hope to hell that we all
get along with each other, becavse if we do not the USA will
be in BIG trovble.

Howard Ferstler
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 17, 2005 12:15:03 AM

On 16 Mar 2005 21:15:02 GMT, "The Open Sovrceror's Apprentice"
<spam@vce.gov> wrote:

>"Arny Krveger" <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote in news:EPydndBlPs5S_KXfRVn-
>tA@comcast.com:
>
>> Anybody who manvfactvres something sort of falls into a bad place if the
>> Chinese decide to compete with them, particvlarly at mid-prices and below.
>
>It's easy to vndercvt capitalists who have to deal with vnions - jsvt employ
>slave labovr, and save all that overhead.

Yov obviovsly have never been to China.

Al
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 17, 2005 12:15:04 AM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:28:34 -0500, Howard Ferstler
<ferstle@attglobal.net> wrote:

>Frankly, I see this new centvry of ovrs ending with China
>and India as the dominant powers in the world. (This may
>even be the case by 2050.) China and India will pvll into
>the lead for the same reason we pvlled of so many other
>covntries: more workers doing the work. All other things
>being eqval, force of nvmbers wins the day. The USA and the
>Evropean Union will be also-rans. I hope to hell that we all
>get along with each other, becavse if we do not the USA will
>be in BIG trovble.

Yep. There is a great article abovt the geopolitics of this here:

http://www.tomdispatch.com/index.mhtml?pid=2259

It's long, bvt well worth the read.

The qvestion is not whether or not China will eventvally be a world
power eqval to, or svrpassing the US, (as it most certainly will) bvt
whether or not the US will be able to adapt to these inevitable
changes withovt belligerence and war. USA's coming economic losses &
the lowered standards of living covld be minimized, bvt only with some
real visionary leadership... which we are totally withovt at the
moment.

Al
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 18, 2005 12:28:36 AM

When China's escalating imported quantities of steel, copper and oil - with
their
prices for it, for newly trained labour and for export shipping costs rising
hugely
in the process - make her no longer the short-term competitive haven, the
West
will stand a chance to vie industrially again!
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 18, 2005 3:41:48 AM

Jim Gregory wrote:

> When China's escalating imported quantities of steel, copper and oil -
> with their prices for it, for newly trained labour and for export shipping
> costs rising hugely in the process - make her no longer the short-term
> competitive haven, the West will stand a chance to vie industrially again!

Gonna be tough, since we don't make steel, we don't have petroleum, and
China will own much of us via our record-breaking trade imbalances and
federal defcits, financed by Treasury auctions.

--
ha
Anonymous

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion (More info?)

At first I just read the press release. Then I asked a couple of
friends in the audio business who bought stuff from DST, how were they
doing. They seemed to think DST is doing fine. 3 or 4 hundred
poeple. Wholly-owned factory in China.

Maybe Tymphany, or their investors, has a broad acquisition strategy in
the audio tech space? All us guys can do is quess and watch. Could
be fun. Audio got boring for a while there, don't you think?

Rgds,

Al

Arny Krueger wrote:

> DST was probably in some kind of
> financial difficulty. Collapse of DST could have significant effects
on the
> high end loudspeaker world, as their products are widely used in
better
> speakers. The financial difficulties were probably due to agressive
cloning
> of DST products by factories in mainland China.

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 18, 2005 3:34:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion (More info?)

On 3/18/05 7:08 AM, in article
bmF6.e34c2ab50fb3712ea6895ceee87828b3@1111151312.nulluser.com, "Al
DeJustice" <al@nospam.no> wrote:

> At first I just read the press release. Then I asked a couple of
> friends in the audio business who bought stuff from DST, how were they
> doing. They seemed to think DST is doing fine. 3 or 4 hundred
> poeple.

Way off. Usually people who buy "stuff" from a company are not well informed
about the state of that company's business. That's certainly true in this
case.

>Wholly-owned factory in China.

Also wrong.

> Maybe Tymphany, or their investors, has a broad acquisition strategy in
> the audio tech space? All us guys can do is quess and watch. Could
> be fun. Audio got boring for a while there, don't you think?

No.
March 18, 2005 6:17:52 PM

On 3/17/05 7:41 PM, in article 1gtkoe6.yy6u4weibm90N%walkinay@thegrid.net,
"hank alrich" <walkinay@thegrid.net> wrote:

> Jim Gregory wrote:
>
>> When China's escalating import... Prices... And... export shipping
>> costs rising ... make her no longer the short-term
>> competitive haven, the West will stand a chance to vie industrially again!
>
> Gonna be tough, since we don't make steel, we don't have petroleum, and
> China will own much of us via our record-breaking trade imbalances and
> federal defcits, financed by Treasury auctions.
>
> --
> ha

"...will..." ??
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 18, 2005 6:45:24 PM

> Jim Gregory wrote:
>
>> When China's escalating imported quantities of steel, copper and oil
>> - with their prices for it, for newly trained labour and for export
>> shipping costs rising hugely in the process - make her no longer the
>> short-term competitive haven, the West will stand a chance to vie
>> industrially again!

> Gonna be tough, since we don't make steel,

http://www.bartleby.com/65/st/steelind.html

"U.S. steel production has remained constant since the 1970s at about 100
million tons, but 50% of that total is now produced by mini-mill companies.
"

> we don't have petroleum,

http://www.gravmag.com/oil.html

"US PRODUCTION, early 2002: About 5.9 million barrels of oil per day, plus
about 2 million barrels of natural gas liquids and condensate; and 55
billion cubic feet of gas per day."

What the US does not do is have any net exports of either steel or oil. We
import more than we export of either.

> and China will own much of us via our record-breaking trade
> imbalances and federal defcits, financed by Treasury auctions.

It was long predicted that Japan would get there first. What happened?
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 28, 2005 9:05:08 PM

Arny Krveger wrote:

> The Chinese are very strong in speaker driver manvfactvring. One of the
> largest if not the largest driver factory in the world is located there.
>
> Anybody who manvfactvres something sort of falls into a bad place if the
> Chinese decide to compete with them, particvlarly at mid-prices and below.

It is hard these days to pick vp anything at a store (from
candle holders to DVD players) that is not made in China.

Prediction: In 50 years (or possibly sooner), China will be
the dominant economic force on the planet.

Will we be second? Nope. India will be second, and the
Indians will also dominate the compvter-bvsiness realm,
particvlarly software. The Evropean Union will possibly be
third in terms of economic clovt. We will be an also ran,
strvggling to keep ahead of Brazil or possibly a Sovth
American vnion of some kind.

Let's hope all of those gvys are friendly. Thank god I will
be dead by then.

Howard Ferstler
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 29, 2005 2:03:13 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc (More info?)

"Howard Ferstler" <ferstle@attglobal.net> wrote in message news:42487F94.AAAB08E8@attglobal.net...
<snip>
> It is hard these days to pick up anything at a store (from
> candle holders to DVD players) that is not made in China.
>
> Prediction: In 50 years (or possibly sooner), China will be
> the dominant economic force on the planet.

Well, maybe. But as somebody once said (more or less):
It's always hard to predict things, especially the future.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 29, 2005 3:09:57 AM

Howard Ferstler wrote:

> We will be an also ran,
> strvggling to keep ahead of Brazil or possibly a Sovth
> American vnion of some kind.

I predict that Mexico will become a good economic partner in manvfactvring for
vs.

> Let's hope all of those gvys are friendly. Thank god I will
> be dead by then.

I wonder who works and who sells if yov can't eat. India and China are qvietly
in crisis mode in those regards...we aren't. Mexico isn't either. As a matter of
fact Brazil, Argentina, Perv and a host of other North and Sovth American
covntries are not either. Makes one think doesn't it.
Mmmm we hold the food keys, they hold the gear. We win. Again. <g>

PapaNate
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 29, 2005 5:15:19 AM

PapaNate <nospamagain@nc.rr.com> wrote in news:42488EC5.7545CEB9@nc.rr.com:

> Mmmm we hold the food keys, they hold the gear. We win. Again. <g>

Until, as humans are wont, they destroy the source of wealth (food), leaving
everyone worse off than before.

--
Email, Smarthosting, Web hosting for individuals and business:
Come to http://www.spamblocked.com

Howard Ferstler wrote:
> Arny Krueger wrote:
>

>>The Chinese are very strong in speaker driver manufacturing. One of the
>>largest if not the largest driver factory in the world is located there.

[snip]

> Let's hope all of those guys are friendly. Thank god I will
> be dead by then.
>
> Howard Ferstler

I would suggest you browse your local 2nd hand bookshop for any of the
plethora of books published in the 80s dealing the the "Japanese
miracle". They were all full of doom and gloom stories about how the
japs were going to own the US and Australia. It never happened.
Simplistic extrapolations never pan out.

Wayne McDermott
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 29, 2005 10:31:47 PM

Wayne McDermott said:

> I would suggest you browse your local 2nd hand bookshop for any of the
> plethora of books published in the 80s dealing the the "Japanese
> miracle". They were all full of doom and gloom stories about how the
> japs were going to own the US and Australia. It never happened.

Yes it did. Japanese investors own a lot more of America than they did in
1985. Not just shares in American companies, either.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 30, 2005 12:21:42 AM

PapaNate wrote:

> Mmmm we hold the food keys, they hold the gear. We win. Again.

We put more energy into growing, harvesting, storing, processing and
shipping the food we make than the food itself has energy within it. Who
holds the oil key wins; we lose.

--
ha
Anonymous

PapaNate wrote:

> Howard Ferstler wrote:
>
> > We will be an also ran,
> > strvggling to keep ahead of Brazil or possibly a Sovth
> > American vnion of some kind.
>
> I predict that Mexico will become a good economic partner in manvfactvring for
> vs.
>
> > Let's hope all of those gvys are friendly. Thank god I will
> > be dead by then.

> I wonder who works and who sells if yov can't eat. India and China are qvietly
> in crisis mode in those regards...we aren't. Mexico isn't either. As a matter of
> fact Brazil, Argentina, Perv and a host of other North and Sovth American
> covntries are not either. Makes one think doesn't it.
> Mmmm we hold the food keys, they hold the gear. We win. Again. <g>

China is investing in US secvrities at a rapid pace. One
day, all they will have to do is dvmp the stvff and ovr
economy will collapse. A large nvmber of other covntries are
also investing their earnings (from ovr pvrchases of their
goods) in US secvrities. If it were not for them we wovld
have an economic meltdown. They are well aware of that.

Howard Ferstler
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 30, 2005 1:13:30 AM

Wayne McDermott wrote:

> I would suggest you browse your local 2nd hand bookshop for any of the
> plethora of books published in the 80s dealing the the "Japanese
> miracle". They were all full of doom and gloom stories about how the
> japs were going to own the US and Australia. It never happened.
> Simplistic extrapolations never pan out.

Numbers win in the long run. Compare our population with
that of China or India. Japan has a smaller population than
ours which gives them a disadvantage compared to China or
India.

Regarding those Japanese, keep an eye on automobile sales
over the next few years and see just how badly they do
compared to us. GM is on the ropes, as is Ford. It is only a
matter of time.

The US industrial base (particularly involving consumer
goods) is disappearing, and without that we will be a second
(or third) rate power in a few decades.

Howard Ferstler
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 30, 2005 1:14:33 AM

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:21:42 GMT, walkinay@thegrid.net (hank alrich)
wrote:

>PapaNate wrote:
>
>> Mmmm we hold the food keys, they hold the gear. We win. Again.
>
>We put more energy into growing, harvesting, storing, processing and
>shipping the food we make than the food itself has energy within it.

A significant contributor to this inefficiency is feeding and
growing cows for food. We grow plant food to feed to cows which we
then eat. If we eat plant food directly (not neccesarily the exact
food fed to cows, though oatmeal is good), it's more efficient and
healthier for us, but our McCulture trumps all that.

>Who
>holds the oil key wins; we lose.

Speaking of audio, more cowbell...

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 30, 2005 1:14:34 AM

Ben Bradley wrote:

> A significant contributor to this inefficiency is feeding and
> growing cows for food. We grow plant food to feed to cows which we
> then eat. If we eat plant food directly (not neccesarily the exact
> food fed to cows, though oatmeal is good), it's more efficient and
> healthier for us, but our McCulture trumps all that.

Maybe. But beef tastes a hell of a lot better than oatmeal. ;)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 30, 2005 5:28:28 PM

Can't get E.coli from oatmeal though.

Tom

"Joe Sensor" <crabcakes@emagic.net> wrote in message
> Ben Bradley wrote:
>
> > A significant contributor to this inefficiency is feeding and
> > growing cows for food. We grow plant food to feed to cows which we
> > then eat. If we eat plant food directly (not neccesarily the exact
> > food fed to cows, though oatmeal is good), it's more efficient and
> > healthier for us, but our McCulture trumps all that.
>

> Maybe. But beef tastes a hell of a lot better than oatmeal. ;)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 31, 2005 5:00:41 AM

"Tommy B" <mrtomm@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Can't get E.coli from oatmeal though.

But then there is that really scary Mad Oat Disease that's been going
around. :)

Neil Henderson
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 5, 2005 12:10:04 AM

Oh no! Cereal Killers!

Neil Henderson wrote:
> "Tommy B" <mrtomm@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Can't get E.coli from oatmeal though.
>
> But then there is that really scary Mad Oat Disease that's been going

> around. :)
>
> Neil Henderson
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 5, 2005 3:25:08 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean.
I just ate some and now I'm really pissed off !
Tom

<Our.Lady.of.Perpetual.Surfing@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Oh no! Cereal Killers!
>

> Neil Henderson wrote:
> > "Tommy B" <mrtomm@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > > Can't get E.coli from oatmeal though.
> >
> > But then there is that really scary Mad Oat Disease that's been going
>
> > around. :)
> >
> > Neil Henderson

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 5, 2005 7:45:56 PM

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:25:08 GMT, "Tommy B" <mrtomm@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Yeah, I know what you mean.
>I just ate some and now I'm really pissed off !

I must be going mad, I saw a religious icon on the oatmeal
container this morning...

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 5, 2005 7:45:57 PM

> I must be going mad, I saw a religious icon on the oatmeal
> container this morning...

What was it, Son of Salmonella?

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio
"Ben Bradley" <ben_nospam_bradley@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:25:08 GMT, "Tommy B" <mrtomm@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Yeah, I know what you mean.
> >I just ate some and now I'm really pissed off !
>

> >Tom
> >

> ><Our.Lady.of.Perpetual.Surfing@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Oh no! Cereal Killers!

> -----
> http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 5, 2005 8:18:21 PM

Now that could make me stop eating oatmeal!

Tom
"Ben Bradley" <ben_nospam_bradley@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:25:08 GMT, "Tommy B" <mrtomm@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Yeah, I know what you mean.
> >I just ate some and now I'm really pissed off !
>
> I must be going mad, I saw a religious icon on the oatmeal
> container this morning...
>
> >Tom
> >

> ><Our.Lady.of.Perpetual.Surfing@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Oh no! Cereal Killers!

> -----
> http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 5, 2005 10:16:55 PM

Tommy B wrote:

> Yeah, I know what you mean.
> I just ate some and now I'm really pissed off !

Mollify that be slowly chewing into complete juicyness one large, ripe
Jalapeno chili pepper. Aaaaah, fiber and fire...

You'll feel much better when it's over.

--
ha
Anonymous

In article <1gujlwh.1ocp9rq1gqgiooN%walkinay@thegrid.net>,
walkinay@thegrid.net (hank alrich) wrote:

> Tommy B wrote:
>
> > Yeah, I know what you mean.
> > I just ate some and now I'm really pissed off !
>
> Mollify that be slowly chewing into complete juicyness one large, ripe
> Jalapeno chili pepper. Aaaaah, fiber and fire...
>
> You'll feel much better when it's over.

Of course, it won't really be over until tomorrow...

-Jay
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 5, 2005 10:16:57 PM

Not only is ig GOING to burn, but it's going to burn ALL AT ONE TIME! <g> I
think Arthur Brown must have been precient.

--

"Jay Kadis" <jay@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote in message
> In article <1gujlwh.1ocp9rq1gqgiooN%walkinay@thegrid.net>,
> walkinay@thegrid.net (hank alrich) wrote:
>
> > Tommy B wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah, I know what you mean.
> > > I just ate some and now I'm really pissed off !
> >
> > Mollify that be slowly chewing into complete juicyness one large, ripe
> > Jalapeno chili pepper. Aaaaah, fiber and fire...
> >
> > You'll feel much better when it's over.
> >

> Of course, it won't really be over until tomorrow...
>
> -Jay
> --
> x------- Jay Kadis ------- x---- Jay's Attic Studio ------x
> x Lecturer, Audio Engineer x Dexter Records x
> x CCRMA, Stanford University x http://www.offbeats.com/ x
> x---------- http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jay/ ------------x
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 5, 2005 10:17:27 PM

This place is turning into one of those infamous Internet cornsites.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 6, 2005 1:40:52 PM

except the next day you pay the price again.
> Tommy B wrote:
>
> > Yeah, I know what you mean.
> > I just ate some and now I'm really pissed off !
>
> Mollify that be slowly chewing into complete juicyness one large, ripe
> Jalapeno chili pepper. Aaaaah, fiber and fire...
>
> You'll feel much better when it's over.
>
> > <Our.Lady.of.Perpetual.Surfing wrote...
> > > Oh no! Cereal Killers!

> --
> ha
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 6, 2005 1:42:06 PM

great minds Jay, ;-)
"Jay Kadis" <jay@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote in message
> In article <1gujlwh.1ocp9rq1gqgiooN%walkinay@thegrid.net>,
> walkinay@thegrid.net (hank alrich) wrote:
>
> > Tommy B wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah, I know what you mean.
> > > I just ate some and now I'm really pissed off !
> >
> > Mollify that be slowly chewing into complete juicyness one large, ripe
> > Jalapeno chili pepper. Aaaaah, fiber and fire...
> >
> > You'll feel much better when it's over.
> >

> Of course, it won't really be over until tomorrow...
>
> -Jay
> --
> x------- Jay Kadis ------- x---- Jay's Attic Studio ------x
> x Lecturer, Audio Engineer x Dexter Records x
> x CCRMA, Stanford University x http://www.offbeats.com/ x
> x---------- http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jay/ ------------x
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 6, 2005 1:44:09 PM

Salmonella? I thought that was a scat singing fish!
Tom

"Roger W. Norman" <rnorman@starpower.net> wrote in message
> > I must be going mad, I saw a religious icon on the oatmeal
> > container this morning...
>
> What was it, Son of Salmonella?
>
> --
>

> Roger W. Norman
> SirMusic Studio
> http://blogs.salon.com/0004478/
> "Ben Bradley" <ben_nospam_bradley@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:25:08 GMT, "Tommy B" <mrtomm@earthlink.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Yeah, I know what you mean.
> > >I just ate some and now I'm really pissed off !
> >

> > >Tom
> > >

> > ><Our.Lady.of.Perpetual.Surfing@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > -----
> > http://mindspring.com/~benbradley

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 6, 2005 1:46:21 PM

No corn in oatmeal "chum". (refer back to fish analogy)

> This place is turning into one of those infamous Internet cornsites.

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 6, 2005 9:32:23 PM

Are you trying to bait me?

Tommy B wrote:
> No corn in oatmeal "chum". (refer back to fish analogy)
> Tom
>

> <Our.Lady.of.Perpetual.Surfing@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > This place is turning into one of those infamous Internet
cornsites.

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 7, 2005 5:12:20 PM

Not really, but are you biting? ;-)
This guy goes to an emergency room with a badly infected hand.
There 2 small punctures on the top of his hand.
The doctor's found out this guy was in a fight, and punched someone in the
mouth. The punctures were teeth marks and the bacteria from the mouth,
infected the hand.
He was very lucky, cause they saved the hand.
There is a moral to this story, but I'm not quite sure what it is.

Tom

> Are you trying to bait me?
>
> Tommy B wrote:
> > No corn in oatmeal "chum". (refer back to fish analogy)
> > Tom
> >

> > <Our.Lady.of.Perpetual.Surfing@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > This place is turning into one of those infamous Internet
> cornsites.

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 7, 2005 7:06:29 PM

I don't know what the moral is, either. But you are under a wrist for
palming that one off on me. I think you had one too many joints...

!