Dear Sprint PCS,

Last response: in Network Providers
January 25, 2005 7:34:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

I have been a Sprint PCS customer since '99, and although there have
been numerous problems I have stayed with the company. Why? A good
customer of mine (I'm a renovation contractor) and a friend is high in
the Sprint corporate hierarchy (but he has nothing directly to do with
the day-to-day operations of the cell phone unit), and I felt it would
be something of a slight to him if I switched.

Now, however, after recent events, I can't continue to keep my Sprint
cell phone account. The customer service is inconsistent, stupid,
dishonest, disrespectful, and difficult to even communicate with. I
won't bore you with the details of my problem with Sprint PCS; I'm sure
it's similar or relatively similar to the problems to thousands of
others.

If anyone reading this is considering a Sprint phone, I suggest to that
person to walk into a Sprint store (the main store in Sprint's hometown
is my example) first and talk briefly to the crowd of people waiting to
(fruitlessly, they will learn) speak with the manager. I can't think of
any existing business that has so many people with so many complaints.

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

More about : dear sprint pcs

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:34:40 PM

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:
> I have been a Sprint PCS customer since '99, and although there have
> been numerous problems I have stayed with the company. Why? A good
> customer of mine (I'm a renovation contractor) and a friend is high in
> the Sprint corporate hierarchy (but he has nothing directly to do with
> the day-to-day operations of the cell phone unit), and I felt it would
> be something of a slight to him if I switched.

If you would like to give details of your problem, there may be people who can
help you figure out how to resolve it.

> If anyone reading this is considering a Sprint phone, I suggest to that
> person to walk into a Sprint store (the main store in Sprint's hometown
> is my example) first and talk briefly to the crowd of people waiting to
> (fruitlessly, they will learn) speak with the manager. I can't think of
> any existing business that has so many people with so many complaints.

Sprint has problems, yes, but there are plenty of people (including myself, my
wife, and many of our friends and family members) who don't have problems with
Sprint. I've been a customer since 12/00, so I was around during the worst
periods. Tell us what's going on... many of the other people on the SPCS
newsgroup are longtime customers too and we may be able to help you.

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 9:18:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

- Steve Sobol -
> If you would like to give details of your problem, there may be people
who can > help you figure out how to resolve it.

- Nehmo -
I'm posting this not in an attempt to solve the problem. I've already
given up on that after spending several phone calls, half a day +, and a
trip down to the Sprint store, where I found several other people with
problems. If someone at Sprint wants to know what the problem is, look
up my name. I apologize if I piqued your curiosity.

My purpose in posting here is to announce that I'm going to another
provider and to warn prospective customers.

- Steve Sobol -
> Sprint has problems, yes, but there are plenty of people (including
myself, my
> wife, and many of our friends and family members) who don't have
problems with
> Sprint.

- Nehmo -
I would say that every customer has problems with Sprint. For one thing,
the advertisement is deceptive (this is not what caused my departure,
BTW), and every customer, in a way, suffers because of that. And
considering the crowd of people with problems waiting in line at the
store, and considering my personal experience, your claim of "friends
and family" with *no* problems is suspicious.

- Steve Sobol -
> I've been a customer since 12/00, so I was around during the worst
> periods. Tell us what's going on... many of the other people on the
SPCS
> newsgroup are longtime customers too and we may be able to help you.

- Nehmo -
What value is there in being a long-time customer? The offers give
preferential treatment to new customers. And when I was discussing
things with Sprint employees, not one gave me any extra consideration
for my brand loyalty.

The best policy for a subscriber is to dump Sprint. Sprint doesn't care
if someone leaves, I don't know why you should.

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

> My purpose in posting here is to announce that I'm going to another
> provider and to warn prospective customers.

Ok, fair enough, but

> I would say that every customer has problems with Sprint. For one thing,
> the advertisement is deceptive (this is not what caused my departure,
> BTW), and every customer, in a way, suffers because of that. And
> considering the crowd of people with problems waiting in line at the
> store, and considering my personal experience, your claim of "friends
> and family" with *no* problems is suspicious.

Well, how arrogant of you. Sorry, but it is true. It's nice that you think you
know exactly what my situation is, but you've never met me, so that would be
difficult.

> What value is there in being a long-time customer? The offers give
> preferential treatment to new customers. And when I was discussing
> things with Sprint employees, not one gave me any extra consideration
> for my brand loyalty.

And another carrier would be different how?

> The best policy for a subscriber is to dump Sprint. Sprint doesn't care
> if someone leaves, I don't know why you should.

Well, excuse me for offering to help. I'm sorry I said anything at all, since
you felt the need to be obnoxious in return.

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 11:57:19 PM

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I would say that every customer has problems with Sprint. For one thing,
> the advertisement is deceptive (this is not what caused my departure,
> BTW), and every customer, in a way, suffers because of that. And
> considering the crowd of people with problems waiting in line at the
> store, and considering my personal experience, your claim of "friends
> and family" with *no* problems is suspicious.

And I would say that you're wrong.

Sprint's advertising doesn't affect me, in the least, as I'm already
a subscriber.

Any time I've been in a Sprint store, the majority of people "with
problems" are those with billing problems and, from the looks of
them, probably have billing problems with many other service providers.

Notan
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 3:33:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

In article <CiBJd.128897$NO5.60750@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>,
"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I would say that every customer has problems with Sprint. For one thing,
> the advertisement is deceptive (this is not what caused my departure,
> BTW), and every customer, in a way, suffers because of that. And
> considering the crowd of people with problems waiting in line at the
> store, and considering my personal experience, your claim of "friends
> and family" with *no* problems is suspicious.

The only problem I had with Sprint was getting the phone in the first
place. The management and employees at the local Sprint store were not
terribly attentive, but that seems to be a problem to that specific
store -- Sprint corporate has been quite a bit more responsive, but I
haven't had much need to contact them.

I've been quite satisfied with the technical-side of Sprint -- their
network, at least for me, is quite good.

> The best policy for a subscriber is to dump Sprint. Sprint doesn't care
> if someone leaves, I don't know why you should.

I suspect you'll find that not many providers really care about
individual customers.

--
Pete Stephenson
HeyPete.com

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

Guess you've never heard of the Retention Department where current customers
go to get a better deal if they threaten to leave. I've been w/SPCS since
1998 and have not had a problem w/CS by phone (can't say the same for
Cingular CS which I had during part of this period and no longer have).

I've never found the plans deceptive, you just have to have the intelligence
to read the plan terms and the terms of service. Then there is no question
as to what to expect. Or how about the 18 month phone upgrade program?
They don't care about current customers ;-).

Chris

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>- Steve Sobol -
>> If you would like to give details of your problem, there may be people
> who can > help you figure out how to resolve it.
>
> - Nehmo -
> I'm posting this not in an attempt to solve the problem. I've already
> given up on that after spending several phone calls, half a day +, and a
> trip down to the Sprint store, where I found several other people with
> problems. If someone at Sprint wants to know what the problem is, look
> up my name. I apologize if I piqued your curiosity.
>
> My purpose in posting here is to announce that I'm going to another
> provider and to warn prospective customers.
>
> - Steve Sobol -
>> Sprint has problems, yes, but there are plenty of people (including
> myself, my
>> wife, and many of our friends and family members) who don't have
> problems with
>> Sprint.
>
> - Nehmo -
> I would say that every customer has problems with Sprint. For one thing,
> the advertisement is deceptive (this is not what caused my departure,
> BTW), and every customer, in a way, suffers because of that. And
> considering the crowd of people with problems waiting in line at the
> store, and considering my personal experience, your claim of "friends
> and family" with *no* problems is suspicious.
>
> - Steve Sobol -
>> I've been a customer since 12/00, so I was around during the worst
>> periods. Tell us what's going on... many of the other people on the
> SPCS
>> newsgroup are longtime customers too and we may be able to help you.
>
> - Nehmo -
> What value is there in being a long-time customer? The offers give
> preferential treatment to new customers. And when I was discussing
> things with Sprint employees, not one gave me any extra consideration
> for my brand loyalty.
>
> The best policy for a subscriber is to dump Sprint. Sprint doesn't care
> if someone leaves, I don't know why you should.
>
> --
> *********************
> * Nehmo Sergheyev *
> *********************
> .

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 3:57:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

i love sprint since 1998 :)
they've 'retained' me and given me the '18 month' deal as well.
thank you sprint, now please get some cooler phones thx

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:18:50 -0600
"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote:

> - Steve Sobol -
> > If you would like to give details of your problem, there may be people
> who can > help you figure out how to resolve it.
>
> - Nehmo -
> I'm posting this not in an attempt to solve the problem. I've already
> given up on that after spending several phone calls, half a day +, and a
> trip down to the Sprint store, where I found several other people with
> problems. If someone at Sprint wants to know what the problem is, look
> up my name. I apologize if I piqued your curiosity.
>
> My purpose in posting here is to announce that I'm going to another
> provider and to warn prospective customers.
>
> - Steve Sobol -
> > Sprint has problems, yes, but there are plenty of people (including
> myself, my
> > wife, and many of our friends and family members) who don't have
> problems with
> > Sprint.
>
> - Nehmo -
> I would say that every customer has problems with Sprint. For one thing,
> the advertisement is deceptive (this is not what caused my departure,
> BTW), and every customer, in a way, suffers because of that. And
> considering the crowd of people with problems waiting in line at the
> store, and considering my personal experience, your claim of "friends
> and family" with *no* problems is suspicious.
>
> - Steve Sobol -
> > I've been a customer since 12/00, so I was around during the worst
> > periods. Tell us what's going on... many of the other people on the
> SPCS
> > newsgroup are longtime customers too and we may be able to help you.
>
> - Nehmo -
> What value is there in being a long-time customer? The offers give
> preferential treatment to new customers. And when I was discussing
> things with Sprint employees, not one gave me any extra consideration
> for my brand loyalty.
>
> The best policy for a subscriber is to dump Sprint. Sprint doesn't care
> if someone leaves, I don't know why you should.
>
> --
> *********************
> * Nehmo Sergheyev *
> *********************
> .

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 5:52:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

- Chris Russell -
> Guess you've never heard of the Retention Department where current
customers
> go to get a better deal if they threaten to leave.

- Nehmo -
I don't think customer service has heard of it either. About two years
or so ago I asked Sprint to meet an ATT deal. Sprint refused, and I
didn't bother to switch.

- Chris Russell -
> I've been w/SPCS since
> 1998 and have not had a problem w/CS by phone

- Nehmo -
I suppose you've never had any $3 charge for calling customer service?
Or $5 for talking to the desk people at the store? Sprint stoped
charging the $3 a while ago; I don't know about the $5.

- Chris Russell -
> (can't say the same for
> Cingular CS which I had during part of this period and no longer
have).

- Nehmo -
> Then why did you even get a Cingular if you were so happy with Sprint?

- Chris Russell -
> I've never found the plans deceptive,

- Nehmo -
The current flexible offering is deceptive. The night minutes start at 9
pm – later than with other plans. If I had (when I was a subscriber,
that is) changed to that plan, it would end up costing me _more_. And
the advertisement for that plan is deceptive too. The ads make it look
like Sprint feels it's unethical to charge people exorbitant rates for
going over your anytime minutes. If Sprint feels that way, why does it
charge so much when someone does? And if it really feels that way,
shouldn't it refund some of the millions it gouged people out of?

- Chris Russell -
> you just have to have the intelligence
> to read the plan terms and the terms of service. Then there is no
question
> as to what to expect.

> Or how about the 18 month phone upgrade program?
> They don't care about current customers ;-).

- Nehmo -
I don't know what you're talking about, and I don't care because I'm no
longer a Sprint customer. I'm referring to the more expensive deals
offered to old customers as opposed to new customers when the picture
phones were offered. _Eventually_, Sprint offered me a deal similar to
what a new customer would get except my rebate wouldn't be instant; I
would have to pay full and wait. Then after about two or three months
Sprint would credit my account. I never did get a pic phone,
incidentally.

That's how much Sprint values retaining customers.

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

- fusQuanto -
> i love sprint since 1998 :)
> they've 'retained' me and given me the '18 month' deal as well.
> thank you sprint, now please get some cooler phones thx

- Nehmo -
Michael Jackson has fans too.

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in news:8CDJd.226180
$ye4.207734@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com:

> - Nehmo -
> I suppose you've never had any $3 charge for calling customer service?

> - Nehmo -
> I don't know what you're talking about, and I don't care because I'm no
> longer a Sprint customer. I'm referring to the more expensive deals
> offered to old customers as opposed to new customers when the picture
> phones were offered. _Eventually_, Sprint offered me a deal similar to
> what a new customer would get except my rebate wouldn't be instant; I
> would have to pay full and wait. Then after about two or three months
> Sprint would credit my account. I never did get a pic phone,
> incidentally.
>
> That's how much Sprint values retaining customers.

No, it's how much they value retaining you and others with similar credit
problems.

January 26, 2005 6:29:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in

> Well, excuse me for offering to help. I'm sorry I said anything at all,
> since you felt the need to be obnoxious in return.

He made it clear he wasn't interested in a resolution, just whining. He'll
blow away within a matter of hours actually, can't even say days.

January 26, 2005 7:34:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

- Steve Sobol -
> Well, how arrogant of you. Sorry, but it is true. It's nice that you
think you
> know exactly what my situation is, but you've never met me, so that
would be
> difficult.

- Nehmo -
Nobody said they knew exactly what your situation is, and I don't know
if it would be relevant anyway. I just think your claim of no problems
for apparently a large number of subscribers is beyond reality.

- Steve Sobol -
> And another carrier would be different how?

- Nehmo -
I don't know. From my perspective, it's unlikely for one to be worse.

- Steve Sobol -
> Well, excuse me for offering to help. I'm sorry I said anything at
all, since
> you felt the need to be obnoxious in return.

- Nehmo -
I stated my suspicions of your testimonial praise of Sprint - I didn't
criticize your offer to help; I turned it down.

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

- Nehmo -
> > That's how much Sprint values retaining customers.

- Howard -
> No, it's how much they value retaining you and others with similar
credit
> problems.

- Nehmo -
In any case, Sprint profited from having me as a customer. They won't
anymore. If that's the way they like it, then we have reached an
agreeable solution.

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

- Notan -
> Sprint's advertising doesn't affect me, in the least, as I'm already
> a subscriber.

- Nehmo -
I already described how I was misled by an ad. It implied I would save
money if I changed plans. I wouldn't have. Perhaps others wouldn't have
realized as I did. This is an example of an existing subscriber
influenced by ads.

- Notan -
> Any time I've been in a Sprint store, the majority of people "with
> problems" are those with billing problems

- Nehmo -
Then that's a problem with Sprint. You shouldn't put the onus on the
poor subscribers.

If a business has large numbers of customers feeling gouged, then the
business is gouging - despite what justification they may have in the
fine print.

- Notan -
> and, from the looks of
> them, probably have billing problems with many other service
providers.

- Nehmo -
If you ask me, they are dressed better than average. Is that what you
are talking about?

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

> I already described how I was misled by an ad. It implied I would save
> money if I changed plans. I wouldn't have. Perhaps others wouldn't have
> realized as I did. This is an example of an existing subscriber
> influenced by ads.

You said, and I quote, "I would say that every customer has problems
with Sprint.

I don't.

> If you ask me, they are dressed better than average. Is that what
> you are talking about?

A good number of those, that I've observed, make the store look like
backstage at the Jerry Springer show.

Notan
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 9:46:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:33:00 GMT, Pete Stephenson
<pete+usenet@heypete.com> wrote:

>The only problem I had with Sprint was getting the phone in the first
>place. The management and employees at the local Sprint store were not
>terribly attentive, but that seems to be a problem to that specific
>store -- Sprint corporate has been quite a bit more responsive, but I
>haven't had much need to contact them.

And that's the secret of good service with SprintPCS: as long as you
never need to contact them to fix problems or make changes to your
service, you'll be fine.

>> The best policy for a subscriber is to dump Sprint. Sprint doesn't care
>> if someone leaves, I don't know why you should.
>
>I suspect you'll find that not many providers really care about
>individual customers.

That's certainly true of both SprintPCS and Verizon Wireless.

--
Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy (except to buy loss leaders for resale on eBay).
(See http://tinyurl.com/6efhd)

Scott en Aztlán <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote:
>And that's the secret of good service with SprintPCS: as long as you
>never need to contact them to fix problems or make changes to your
>service, you'll be fine.

That's true of so many products. I had Gateway computers for many
years, with no problems. Does that mean Gateway was a responsive
company? Judging by the numbers of complaints, maybe not. But I
never had to contact them, so it didn't much matter to me.

Incidentally, Usenet had a lot to do with my Gateway satisfaction -
could get questions answered in newsgroups, so I never had the need to
test Gateway's customer service. And this is true of lots of other
products (particularly tech products), where I probably woulda been a
very unhappy camper if Usenet hadn't been available and I had to
tackle telephone support...
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:34:06 AM

> Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > I would say that every customer has problems with Sprint. For one thing,
> > the advertisement is deceptive (this is not what caused my departure,
> > BTW), and every customer, in a way, suffers because of that. And
> > considering the crowd of people with problems waiting in line at the
> > store, and considering my personal experience, your claim of "friends
> > and family" with *no* problems is suspicious.
>
> And I would say that you're wrong.
>
> Sprint's advertising doesn't affect me, in the least, as I'm already
> a subscriber.
>
> Any time I've been in a Sprint store, the majority of people "with
> problems" are those with billing problems and, from the looks of
> them, probably have billing problems with many other service providers.

And I would have to agree with Notan -- had Sprint PCS for several years
now, they are the fourth provider I've had in the last dozen years, and have
been by far the best and most reliable.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:34:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

> Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > I would say that every customer has problems with Sprint. For one thing,
> > the advertisement is deceptive (this is not what caused my departure,
> > BTW), and every customer, in a way, suffers because of that. And
> > considering the crowd of people with problems waiting in line at the
> > store, and considering my personal experience, your claim of "friends
> > and family" with *no* problems is suspicious.
>
> And I would say that you're wrong.
>
> Sprint's advertising doesn't affect me, in the least, as I'm already
> a subscriber.
>
> Any time I've been in a Sprint store, the majority of people "with
> problems" are those with billing problems and, from the looks of
> them, probably have billing problems with many other service providers.

And I would have to agree with Notan -- had Sprint PCS for several years
now, they are the fourth provider I've had in the last dozen years, and have
been by far the best and most reliable.
January 26, 2005 11:39:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:34:39 -0600, "Nehmo Sergheyev"
<nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have been a Sprint PCS customer since '99, and although there have
>been numerous problems I have stayed with the company. Why? A good
>customer of mine (I'm a renovation contractor) and a friend is high in
>the Sprint corporate hierarchy (but he has nothing directly to do with
>the day-to-day operations of the cell phone unit), and I felt it would
>be something of a slight to him if I switched.

Oh puhleez! You don't get a cell phone to be good buddies with your
friend. You get one because it's useful to you and that you need it.
Did your friend also tell you that if you used the wrong brand of cell
phone that he would be offended too?!

January 26, 2005 5:41:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

Dont let the door hit you in the ass... see ya ...

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> - Steve Sobol -
> > If you would like to give details of your problem, there may be people
> who can > help you figure out how to resolve it.
>
> - Nehmo -
> I'm posting this not in an attempt to solve the problem. I've already
> given up on that after spending several phone calls, half a day +, and a
> trip down to the Sprint store, where I found several other people with
> problems. If someone at Sprint wants to know what the problem is, look
> up my name. I apologize if I piqued your curiosity.
>
> My purpose in posting here is to announce that I'm going to another
> provider and to warn prospective customers.
>
> - Steve Sobol -
> > Sprint has problems, yes, but there are plenty of people (including
> myself, my
> > wife, and many of our friends and family members) who don't have
> problems with
> > Sprint.
>
> - Nehmo -
> I would say that every customer has problems with Sprint. For one thing,
> the advertisement is deceptive (this is not what caused my departure,
> BTW), and every customer, in a way, suffers because of that. And
> considering the crowd of people with problems waiting in line at the
> store, and considering my personal experience, your claim of "friends
> and family" with *no* problems is suspicious.
>
> - Steve Sobol -
> > I've been a customer since 12/00, so I was around during the worst
> > periods. Tell us what's going on... many of the other people on the
> SPCS
> > newsgroup are longtime customers too and we may be able to help you.
>
> - Nehmo -
> What value is there in being a long-time customer? The offers give
> preferential treatment to new customers. And when I was discussing
> things with Sprint employees, not one gave me any extra consideration
> for my brand loyalty.
>
> The best policy for a subscriber is to dump Sprint. Sprint doesn't care
> if someone leaves, I don't know why you should.
>
> --
> *********************
> * Nehmo Sergheyev *
> *********************
> .

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 6:19:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> - Steve Sobol -
> > If you would like to give details of your problem, there may be people
> who can > help you figure out how to resolve it.
>
> - Nehmo -
> I'm posting this not in an attempt to solve the problem. I've already
> given up on that after spending several phone calls, half a day +, and a
> trip down to the Sprint store, where I found several other people with
> problems. If someone at Sprint wants to know what the problem is, look
> up my name. I apologize if I piqued your curiosity.

So, in other words, all you want to do, is whine whine whine, and not
explain what your alleged problem was. You've said nothing about a prior
account, save that you may have been one of the credit challenged customers
who had to pay $3 to talk to CS, when CS had that charge in effect.

You mentioned that you changed to a F & F account and that N & W start @
9:00 PM. You've also said that SPCS made money on your account. If you've
been on that minimal minute account option, I doubt it very much that SPCS
made much ... if any profit on your account. SPCS makes money on accounts @
$50+/mo. IOW, you haven't said diddley other wise.

So, let me ask you ... why should anyone take what you say with a grain of
salt and believe anything you mention here?

You want some credibility here? Outline what account you were on, and what
problems you think you had.

Bob
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 7:49:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:CiBJd.128897$NO5.60750@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> What value is there in being a long-time customer? The offers give
> preferential treatment to new customers. And when I was discussing
> things with Sprint employees, not one gave me any extra consideration
> for my brand loyalty.

It qualifies you for getting a sweet retention plan (I have one)
and $150 rebate per phone every 18 months.

> The best policy for a subscriber is to dump Sprint. Sprint doesn't care
> if someone leaves, I don't know why you should.

Sprint's policies are basically no different than that of the other
carriers. What makes you think you'll get better treatment from
a different carrier?

--
John Richards
Anonymous

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8CDJd.226180$ye4.207734@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> The ads make it look
> like Sprint feels it's unethical to charge people exorbitant rates for
> going over your anytime minutes. If Sprint feels that way, why does it
> charge so much when someone does? And if it really feels that way,
> shouldn't it refund some of the millions it gouged people out of?

ALL advertisements are somewhat deceptive since they only reveal
the positive aspects of a product. It is up to up to you, as a smart
consumer, to read the fine print and research the negative aspects.
Since when are ads to be taken at face value?

--
John Richards
Anonymous

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:M5FJd.226190$ye4.168763@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> - Steve Sobol -
>> And another carrier would be different how?
>
> - Nehmo -
> I don't know. From my perspective, it's unlikely for one to be worse.

You're responding emotionally rather than rationally.
Have you heard of jumping from the frying pan into the fire?
Sounds like that's what you are contemplating doing.
Do the consumer research, then make an informed decision.

--
John Richards
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

Well said. any better treatment from a different carrier? No. As an
industry, all US Cellular Service is fair, with an occasional good. Sprint
PCS rates a C for me. ATTWS, now cingular, has slipped from the Pacific
Bell days rates a C-. Under Cingular, the new slogan is "get less".
Verizon is no better than a B-. I know how cellular companies work, and I
do ok these days. I believe it when people have issues and problems, and
they are ignored.

"John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message

> Sprint's policies are basically no different than that of the other
> carriers. What makes you think you'll get better treatment from
> a different carrier?
>
> --
> John Richards
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:31:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

I went to a Sprint store and boy was I scared. It was full of
gang-bangers and people not white like me. Even the employees were
scary.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:31:17 PM

Talk a lot wrote:

> I went to a Sprint store and boy was I scared. It was full of
> gang-bangers and people not white like me. Even the employees were
> scary.

White like you?

I'm white, and I'm glad I'm not white like YOU!

Notan
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:31:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

Mee too.

> Talk a lot wrote:
>>
>> I went to a Sprint store and boy was I scared. It was full of
>> gang-bangers and people not white like me. Even the employees were
>> scary.
>
> White like you?
>
> I'm white, and I'm glad I'm not white like YOU!
>
> Notan
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:57:17 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:03:29 -0800, Steve <rwe@qhd.inv> wrote:

>Incidentally, Usenet had a lot to do with my Gateway satisfaction -
>could get questions answered in newsgroups, so I never had the need to
>test Gateway's customer service.

Pity USENET can't add a line to your SprintPCS account or correct a
billing error... ;)

--
Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy (except to buy loss leaders for resale on eBay).
(See http://tinyurl.com/6efhd)
January 27, 2005 4:30:45 AM

"Scott en Aztlán" <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:p 6bfv0tilvd209obpmstugk3gc37gtjuoo@4ax.com...
> And that's the secret of good service with SprintPCS: as long as you
> never need to contact them to fix problems or make changes to your
> service, you'll be fine.

I've contacted them on several occasions for various reasons - comparing
plans, changing plans, etc and never once had a problem
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 6:47:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

Talk a lot <since1888@aol.com> wrote in

> I went to a Sprint store and boy was I scared. It was full of
> gang-bangers and people not white like me. Even the employees were
> scary.

Try Cingular
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 6:47:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

"Try Cingular"

Please elaborate. Your response is very cryptic.

"Ski" <ski@nospamtoday.com> wrote in message
> Talk a lot <since1888@aol.com> wrote in
>
>> I went to a Sprint store and boy was I scared. It was full of
>> gang-bangers and people not white like me. Even the employees were
>> scary.
>>

> Try Cingular
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 5:35:48 PM

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

> Now, however, after recent events, I can't continue to keep my Sprint
> cell phone account. The customer service is inconsistent, stupid,
> dishonest, disrespectful, and difficult to even communicate with. I
> won't bore you with the details of my problem with Sprint PCS; I'm sure
> it's similar or relatively similar to the problems to thousands of
> others.

If you can't bore us with the details, then I have to assume there are
no details to be bored with. So i can't really see your complaint as
credible.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
January 27, 2005 5:35:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

Yup. Agreed!

"Isaiah Beard" <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in message
> Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:
>
>> Now, however, after recent events, I can't continue to keep my Sprint
>> cell phone account. The customer service is inconsistent, stupid,
>> dishonest, disrespectful, and difficult to even communicate with. I
>> won't bore you with the details of my problem with Sprint PCS; I'm sure
>> it's similar or relatively similar to the problems to thousands of
>> others.
>
> If you can't bore us with the details, then I have to assume there are no
> details to be bored with. So i can't really see your complaint as
> credible.
>

> --
> E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
> Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 5:36:33 PM

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

> - Nehmo -
> I'm posting this not in an attempt to solve the problem. I've already
> given up on that after spending several phone calls, half a day +, and a
> trip down to the Sprint store, where I found several other people with
> problems. If someone at Sprint wants to know what the problem is, look
> up my name. I apologize if I piqued your curiosity.

So basically, you're an ackowledged troll. Fair enough.
--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
January 27, 2005 5:39:08 PM

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

> - Nehmo -
> I suppose you've never had any $3 charge for calling customer service?

Nope, never had it. A couple years back, Sprint had such a fee for poor
credit customers, but even that was dropped a long time ago. So it
seems like your complaint is outdated, at best. And the fact that you
WERE charged the $3 back when they WERE doing it speaks volumes about
you. :)

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
January 27, 2005 11:58:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

- John Richards -
> ALL advertisements are somewhat deceptive since they only reveal
> the positive aspects of a product. It is up to up to you, as a smart
> consumer, to read the fine print and research the negative aspects.
> Since when are ads to be taken at face value?

- Nehmo -
There are degrees of deceptiveness.

The Sprint commercials illustrate by comical analogy how unreasonable it
is to make subscribers predict how may minutes they may talk in the next
month. Then the commercials cast Sprint as the hero, saving poor
subscribers from this unreasonableness. The target audience is
subscribers of non-Sprint cell services who have been clobbered by the
costs of going over their plan in minutes. But Sprint, millions of times
a day, is the *villain* in this unreasonableness – not he hero. The
commercial is outright fraud. And if Sprint believes charging people in
such a way is so unreasonable, why doesn't it stop?

Now if the audience of that commercial happens to be a *current Sprint
subscriber*, and this person then tires to change plans to take
advantage of the "flexible" offering, he or she may just fall into
another Sprint trap. These "flexible" plans start the night minuets
later. Thus, the typical customer will use up more daytime (called
"anytime") minutes.

If I used a similar degree of deception in my business on my customers,
some of whom make policy for Sprint (but, I should say, they don't
design or sell the cell plans), they would be appalled.

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

> The Sprint commercials illustrate by comical analogy how unreasonable it
> is to make subscribers predict how may minutes they may talk in the next
> month. Then the commercials cast Sprint as the hero, saving poor
> subscribers from this unreasonableness. The target audience is
> subscribers of non-Sprint cell services who have been clobbered by the
> costs of going over their plan in minutes. But Sprint, millions of times
> a day, is the *villain* in this unreasonableness – not he hero. The
> commercial is outright fraud. And if Sprint believes charging people in
> such a way is so unreasonable, why doesn't it stop?

Ah, now we're getting somewhere. A real argument, and one that has some validity.

I think the ads could've been worded much better. I think "we eliminated unfair
overages" means, to a lot of people, "you'll never get charged overages."

What it *actually* means in Sprint's case is that "you will always know exactly
what you're paying." And in most cases, unless you only go over by a handful of
minutes, it'll be less than you'll pay other companies for overages. I switched
to F&F because I like the more predictable bills.

But I agree that they could have worded the ads better.

> Now if the audience of that commercial happens to be a *current Sprint
> subscriber*, and this person then tires to change plans to take
> advantage of the "flexible" offering, he or she may just fall into
> another Sprint trap. These "flexible" plans start the night minuets
> later.

Uhhhh, no, they don't.

If you aren't paying the $5/month for early off-peak hours, your nights start
at 9pm either on Fair and Flexible or on any other plan (I know - I just
recently switched from Free & Clear).

If you are paying the $5/month extra, you can still pay that amount for the 7pm
nights. Read the F&F brochure. It even says so. 7pm nights are $5/month extra
and require a contract extension - regardless of which plan you're on. If you
were already paying $5 for 7pm nights, you will continue to be able to get the
7pm nights for $5.

> If I used a similar degree of deception in my business on my customers,
> some of whom make policy for Sprint (but, I should say, they don't
> design or sell the cell plans), they would be appalled.

I'd agree with you, except that... well... you're wrong. I think you might have
misunderstood what you were told or read.

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 12:30:06 AM

> - John Richards -
> > ALL advertisements are somewhat deceptive since they only reveal
> > the positive aspects of a product. It is up to up to you, as a smart
> > consumer, to read the fine print and research the negative aspects.
> > Since when are ads to be taken at face value?
>
> - Nehmo -
> There are degrees of deceptiveness.
>
> The Sprint commercials illustrate by comical analogy how unreasonable it
> is to make subscribers predict how may minutes they may talk in the next
> month. Then the commercials cast Sprint as the hero, saving poor
> subscribers from this unreasonableness. The target audience is
> subscribers of non-Sprint cell services who have been clobbered by the
> costs of going over their plan in minutes. But Sprint, millions of times
> a day, is the *villain* in this unreasonableness not he hero. The
> commercial is outright fraud. And if Sprint believes charging people in
> such a way is so unreasonable, why doesn't it stop?

Huhhh? What are you talking about?

> Now if the audience of that commercial happens to be a *current Sprint
> subscriber*, and this person then tires to change plans to take
> advantage of the "flexible" offering, he or she may just fall into
> another Sprint trap. These "flexible" plans start the night minuets
> later. Thus, the typical customer will use up more daytime (called
> "anytime") minutes.

Yet, you never mention that the same customer can add the 7:00 PM N & W
option to their account.

> If I used a similar degree of deception in my business on my customers,
> some of whom make policy for Sprint (but, I should say, they don't
> design or sell the cell plans), they would be appalled.

What's amazing here is that you have *any* customers at all, considering the
diatribe you try to keep spinning here.

Either list out the problems you allegedly had, or quit your bitching ...

Bob
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 12:30:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

Amen.

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> - John Richards -
>> > ALL advertisements are somewhat deceptive since they only reveal
>> > the positive aspects of a product. It is up to up to you, as a smart
>> > consumer, to read the fine print and research the negative aspects.
>> > Since when are ads to be taken at face value?
>>
>> - Nehmo -
>> There are degrees of deceptiveness.
>>
>> The Sprint commercials illustrate by comical analogy how unreasonable it
>> is to make subscribers predict how may minutes they may talk in the next
>> month. Then the commercials cast Sprint as the hero, saving poor
>> subscribers from this unreasonableness. The target audience is
>> subscribers of non-Sprint cell services who have been clobbered by the
>> costs of going over their plan in minutes. But Sprint, millions of times
>> a day, is the *villain* in this unreasonableness not he hero. The
>> commercial is outright fraud. And if Sprint believes charging people in
>> such a way is so unreasonable, why doesn't it stop?
>
> Huhhh? What are you talking about?
>

>> Now if the audience of that commercial happens to be a *current Sprint
>> subscriber*, and this person then tires to change plans to take
>> advantage of the "flexible" offering, he or she may just fall into
>> another Sprint trap. These "flexible" plans start the night minuets
>> later. Thus, the typical customer will use up more daytime (called
>> "anytime") minutes.
>
> Yet, you never mention that the same customer can add the 7:00 PM N & W
> option to their account.
>

>> If I used a similar degree of deception in my business on my customers,
>> some of whom make policy for Sprint (but, I should say, they don't
>> design or sell the cell plans), they would be appalled.
>
> What's amazing here is that you have *any* customers at all, considering
> the
> diatribe you try to keep spinning here.
>
> Either list out the problems you allegedly had, or quit your bitching ...
>
> Bob

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 1:48:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

I think he's trying to say that you'll find an even lower class
of people at the Cingular store.

--
John Richards

"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message news:8SZJd.3140$1t.1397@fed1read06...
> "Try Cingular"
>
> Please elaborate. Your response is very cryptic.
>

> "Ski" <ski@nospamtoday.com> wrote in message
>> Talk a lot <since1888@aol.com> wrote in
>>
>>> I went to a Sprint store and boy was I scared. It was full of
>>> gang-bangers and people not white like me. Even the employees were
>>> scary.
>>>

>> Try Cingular
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 1:59:26 AM

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:yBcKd.229403$ye4.46203@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
>- John Richards -
>> ALL advertisements are somewhat deceptive since they only reveal
>> the positive aspects of a product. It is up to up to you, as a smart
>> consumer, to read the fine print and research the negative aspects.
>> Since when are ads to be taken at face value?
>
> - Nehmo -
> There are degrees of deceptiveness.
>
> The Sprint commercials illustrate by comical analogy how unreasonable it
> is to make subscribers predict how may minutes they may talk in the next
> month. Then the commercials cast Sprint as the hero, saving poor
> subscribers from this unreasonableness. The target audience is
> subscribers of non-Sprint cell services who have been clobbered by the
> costs of going over their plan in minutes. But Sprint, millions of times
> a day, is the *villain* in this unreasonableness – not he hero. The
> commercial is outright fraud. And if Sprint believes charging people in
> such a way is so unreasonable, why doesn't it stop?
> Now if the audience of that commercial happens to be a *current Sprint
> subscriber*, and this person then tires to change plans to take
> advantage of the "flexible" offering, he or she may just fall into
> another Sprint trap. These "flexible" plans start the night minuets
> later. Thus, the typical customer will use up more daytime (called
> "anytime") minutes.

Advertising is just a way to catch people's attention. The Sprint ads
you mentioned are clever because they do catch people's attention.
It is naive to assume that companies exist for the purpose of making
people happier. It is still up to you as a wise consumer to investigate
all the aspects of newly offered plans, such as starting time for night
minutes. For some people, the Fair & Flexible plans are a very good fit,
but certainly not for everyone. Caveat emptor!

--
John Richards
Anonymous

In article <8CDJd.226180$ye4.207734@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>, nehmo54
@hotmail.com says...
> - Nehmo -
> The current flexible offering is deceptive. The night minutes start at 9
> pm – later than with other plans. If I had (when I was a subscriber,
> that is) changed to that plan, it would end up costing me _more_. And
> the advertisement for that plan is deceptive too. The ads make it look
> like Sprint feels it's unethical to charge people exorbitant rates for
> going over your anytime minutes. If Sprint feels that way, why does it
> charge so much when someone does? And if it really feels that way,
> shouldn't it refund some of the millions it gouged people out of?

This paragraph is indicative of the numerous disconnects between this
man's claims and what is actually true about the service. First of all,
*all* plans start night minutes at 9PM. The 7PM option adds $5 to the
cost of the plan. That's true for the Free&Clear plans *and* for the
Fair&Flexible. Always has been.

As for the "exorbitant"<sp> rates for going over, Mr Sergheyev already
reported he opted *not* subscribe to the plan that fixes that. He is,
in effect, avoiding a $5 monthly fee for 7PM night minutes and accepting
what is likely much higher fees for exceeding his minutes.

Sprint PCS is providing CHOICES. A bulk rate of minutes if you feel
your usage is predictable enough to merit that, or a plan that *begins*
with a bulk of minutes, with a much reduced tiered structure for minutes
beyond that initial amount.

As for the phone rebate:

> except my rebate wouldn't be instant; I would have to pay full and wait.
> Then after about two or three months Sprint would credit my account.
> I never did get a pic phone, incidentally.

It sounds like you're in for a shock when you arrive at the same point
you were at with Sprint. As an existing customer, if you compare each
of the national carriers, I think you will find Sprint's "New For You"
upgrade program at or near the top of the industry. It does not have
the "use-it-or-lose-it" condition of Verizon's offering, or the limited
selection of Cingular's. It provides you access to every device Sprint
PCS sells, when you've reached 18 months, and lets you make the choice
at your leisure.

I wish Mr Sergheyev well with his new carrier. I strongly suspect,
based on his apparent misunderstandings of Sprint offerings (and lack of
willingness to learn), he will find himself equally unhappy with his new
carrier when he reaches an equivalent point with them.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

- Nehmo -
> > Now if the audience of that commercial happens to be a *current
Sprint
> > subscriber*, and this person then tires to change plans to take
> > advantage of the "flexible" offering, he or she may just fall into
> > another Sprint trap. These "flexible" plans start the night minuets
> > later.

- Steven J. Sobol -
> Uhhhh, no, they don't.

> If you aren't paying the $5/month for early off-peak hours, your
nights start
> at 9pm either on Fair and Flexible or on any other plan (I know - I
just
> recently switched from Free & Clear).
>
> If you are paying the $5/month extra, you can still pay that amount
for the 7pm
> nights. Read the F&F brochure. It even says so. 7pm nights are
$5/month extra

- Nehmo -
I don't see that on the page describing the plan
http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/pop-fairFlexible... But it does
say the forboding "Additional terms and conditions apply."
And on the two occasions I inquired, the rep's I spoke to didn't offer
that. In fact, one spciffacally addressed the issue. He said I couldn't
get the same start time for night (off peak, N&W, whatever you want to
call them) minutes.

I found the $5 deal
http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/pop-nightsStarti... That's
not what I've been getting. My night minutes (did) start at 8:00 pm.

I don't pore over phone invoices; I don't have time to do that sort of
thing. I didn't even know the name of my (previous, now that I've left)
plan was Free & Clear. But now, because of the current discussion, I'm
trying to look at my invoice. I can't though, because I use the online
invoice and my password doesn't work, the same password I've had for a
while, and the same password sent to my phone via text messaging. This
problem, BTW, is typical for dealing with Sprint. Such difficulities are
so common they don't even rate the title "problem"; that term is
reserved for the more serious difficulities.... I'm at this vary instant
on hold to speak with some kind of tech support. I already spoke with
two departments who were unsuccessful in getting me a password. Each
could see my invoice but couldn't email it to me. -- incidently, these
departments don't hand off info on a caller to eachother. With each
department, you have to introduce yourself again with your number
etc. -- Since I knew I would be on hold for a while, I asked the last
guy some questions about my invoice. Guess what, they've been charging
me $4/mo. since May '04 for roadside assistance. I never orderd that. So
now I've uncovered yet _another_ problem ...Well I just spoke with tech
support and now I have a working password. I can see my invoice now.Sure
enough, I have Roadside Rescue stuck on there. You see what I mean? The
company is a rip-off. You have to keep examining your bills to see if
they tack-on any unrequested charges. In case you didn't know, adding
unrequested services is an old phone company trick.

I just transfered to customer service to talk on that issue. After the
customer service rep looked at my account, She said my wife ordered the
roadside rescue in May '04 when my wife unblocked caller ID. [This is
another story and problem that happened back then. We thought we solved
the prob, but now I see we got a new one in the process.] Naturally I
requested to be credited the amount I already paid. The rep said she she
wasn't allowed to go back to May and couldn't do that. She said all she
could do was credit my account $10. When I asked how I could pursue the
complaint, she offered the contact page on the site. That's not right,
of course; I never ordered nor used the service [1]; I didn't know I had
it. In fact, I paid cash for a tow a couple of months ago.

- Steven J. Sobol -
> and require a contract extension - regardless of which plan you're on.
If you
> were already paying $5 for 7pm nights, you will continue to be able to
get the
> 7pm nights for $5.

- Nehmo -
You say "Uhhhh, no, they don't" with such confidence, but you're wrong.
I wasn't on that five buck deal, and the changeover time for me was 8
pm. Furthermore, at the time I inquired, the five-bucker wasn't offered
on the flexable plan - or at least the customer service reps weren't
educated to the offer.

- Steven J. Sobol -
> I'd agree with you, except that... well... you're wrong. I think you
might have
> misunderstood what you were told or read.

- Nehmo -
I was talking about the deception in the ad (Sprint claims to be a hero
but is really the villain), but I might as well add to that now
considering the newly discovered Roadside junk. If I charged a customer
of mine something he didn't get nor asked for, they would, at minimum,
expect me to adjust the bill to the complete amount.

[1] I just spoke to my wife, and she remembers the rep offering Roadside
but she declined. I didn't really need my wife to tell me this. It would
have been out of character for her to order something like that.

Also, I never got an email or anything else informing me that I now had
an added service.

And this is _not_ the what caused me to dump Sprint. But it goes to show
the more you look into your relationship with Sprint, the more you find
out Sprint is taking advantage of you.

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

> And on the two occasions I inquired, the rep's I spoke to didn't offer
> that. In fact, one spciffacally addressed the issue. He said I couldn't
> get the same start time for night (off peak, N&W, whatever you want to
> call them) minutes.

Then you talked to a misinformed CSR.

> I found the $5 deal
> http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/pop-nightsStarti... That's
> not what I've been getting. My night minutes (did) start at 8:00 pm.

No current plans offer 8pm nights. Again, other carriers have had old features
that are no longer available, and with those carriers, same as Sprint, if you
switch to a new plan you generally lose the old features.

> I don't pore over phone invoices;

No one is suggesting you have to.

> me $4/mo. since May '04 for roadside assistance. I never orderd that. So
> now I've uncovered yet _another_ problem ...Well I just spoke with tech
> support and now I have a working password. I can see my invoice now.Sure
> enough, I have Roadside Rescue stuck on there. You see what I mean? The
> company is a rip-off. You have to keep examining your bills to see if
> they tack-on any unrequested charges. In case you didn't know, adding
> unrequested services is an old phone company trick.

If you aren't looking at your bills (cellular or otherwise, but especially
cellular), you're stupid.

You say "Uhhhh, no, they don't" with such confidence, but you're wrong.
> I wasn't on that five buck deal, and the changeover time for me was 8
> pm. Furthermore, at the time I inquired, the five-bucker wasn't offered
> on the flexable plan - or at least the customer service reps weren't
> educated to the offer.

OK, you're absolutely right that they should have told you that you couldn't
keep the 8pm nights. They don't do 8pm nights anymore, just 7pm for $5/month.

> And this is _not_ the what caused me to dump Sprint. But it goes to show
> the more you look into your relationship with Sprint, the more you find
> out Sprint is taking advantage of you.

Well, it might have been that, or it might have been an honest mistake. I
wasn't involved and I can't tell you which it was.

My experience with cellular carriers (most recently Sprint and Verizon) is that
front-line CSRs aren't going to be able to pull up data older than a month or
two, which is why intelligent people check their bills every month. Billing
data gets archived. If any of the big guys kept all of their billing data,
their storage requirements would become unmanageable very quickly - we're
talking about companies with billing data for millions of customers.

So, since stuff like this does happen (and not just with SprintPCS), no matter
WHO your carrier is, it behooves you to keep an eye on your bill and CALL when
there is a screwup. I've had a few billing screwups happen to me, but I've
called and they have been fixed. The key is calling when you get the bill, or
within a few weeks of getting the bill, not months afterward.

I think you have some valid points. However, the whole roadside assistance
issue could have been avoided easily if you paid attention to your bills. I've
seen more than one post in the cell newsgroups where people get pissed about
billing issues, but you talk to them and find out that they never bother
reading their bills. It's similar to the people I had to deal with years ago
working ISP tech support who had a problem, waited two weeks to call me and
started yelling at me because they'd had problems for two weeks... we tried to
be as proactive as possible to head off problems but there is NO WAY to avoid
100% of the issues customers might have, and I firmly believe that at least a
small group of them wanted to try to communicate with me via ESP and got mad
when I was unable to read their minds. (And I try very hard to offer the best
customer service I can, but if you don't tell me there's a problem, I won't know!)

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 1:28:08 PM

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

> The Sprint commercials illustrate by comical analogy how unreasonable it
> is to make subscribers predict how may minutes they may talk in the next
> month. Then the commercials cast Sprint as the hero, saving poor
> subscribers from this unreasonableness. The target audience is
> subscribers of non-Sprint cell services who have been clobbered by the
> costs of going over their plan in minutes. But Sprint, millions of times
> a day, is the *villain* in this unreasonableness – not he hero. The
> commercial is outright fraud. And if Sprint believes charging people in
> such a way is so unreasonable, why doesn't it stop?

Nemo, you're quite the paranoid idiot.

Sprint offers traditional plans and continues to do so because for some
people, that is a better choice. Not every person has erratic calling
patterns, and for many, their calling patterns may be high-volume and
quite steady and predictable. For these people, the traditional 800+
minute fixed plans are actually more cost effective than the adjustable
Fair and Flexible plans.

It all boils donw to offering people a choice. No one is forced to take
a Free & Clear plan on Sprint, but it is there for those who would
prefer to have it. If the plan isn't right for you, just switch to a
Fair and Flexible. No sinister motives here.

Cingular doesn't offer the Rollover feature on all of their plans. Are
you going to say that they are "villians" too?

> Now if the audience of that commercial happens to be a *current Sprint
> subscriber*, and this person then tires to change plans to take
> advantage of the "flexible" offering, he or she may just fall into
> another Sprint trap. These "flexible" plans start the night minuets
> later. Thus, the typical customer will use up more daytime (called
> "anytime") minutes.

Quite wrong. Both the Free and Clear and F&F plans start their night
minutes at 9:00 p.m., and in both cases you can opt for a 7:00 p.m.
start time for $5 extra. This aspect has not changed.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
January 29, 2005 12:12:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,misc.consumers (More info?)

- Nehmo -
> > Now, however, after recent events, I can't continue to keep my
Sprint
> > cell phone account. The customer service is inconsistent, stupid,
> > dishonest, disrespectful, and difficult to even communicate with. I
> > won't bore you with the details of my problem with Sprint PCS; I'm
sure
> > it's similar or relatively similar to the problems to thousands of
> > others.

- Isaiah Beard -
> If you can't bore us with the details, then I have to assume there are
> no details to be bored with. So i can't really see your complaint as
> credible.

- Nehmo -
I don't end a business relationship rashly or without cause.
Additionally, I have, shall we say, *social* reasons to maintain a
Sprint relationship; this is why I postponed my departure. I remind you:
I've been a Sprint subscriber since '99.

My current issue with Sprint can only be resolved by someone at Sprint,
and those people are can look up the notes on my account. I'm not
concerned if you conclude that my complaint is not credible because I'm
not even arguing that particular issue here. Here, I'm simply saying I
have an issue, which when culminated with pervious issues, sums to
sufficient magnitude to cause me to unsubscribe. There's been a parade
of problems, and marginally satisfactory or unsatisfactory solutions,
since '99. This last issue, if it had been the only one, probably would
be insufficient to cause me to unsubscribe.

But because of the current discussion, I've been forced to flesh out
details of some previous issues. And because of the current discussion,
I uncovered an issue I previously didn't know about - slamming Roadside
Rescue on me and not refunding the consequent stolen amount.

If I were to sum it up, I'd say that there are basically two possible
relationships a business can have with a customer: adversarial or
cooperative. Sprint takes the adversarial attitude. So if you get a
Sprint phone, be warned: You are taking on a new enemy.

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

> My current issue with Sprint can only be resolved by someone at Sprint

Have you tried Executive Services?

> If I were to sum it up, I'd say that there are basically two possible
> relationships a business can have with a customer: adversarial or
> cooperative. Sprint takes the adversarial attitude. So if you get a
> Sprint phone, be warned: You are taking on a new enemy.

But the stories you're telling... I've heard them said about Verizon, Cingular,
everyone else. There's no guarantee you won't have similar problems elsewhere.

And, as I already mentioned, if you paid attention to your bill (which you've
admitted you don't), you could have had this cleared up over a half a year ago.

!