downloading voice mail messages?

Nikko

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a somewhat unusual question. I have a bunch of messages on my
voicemail that I would like to save permanently. I'm thinking the best way
to do this to figure out a way to transfer/download/something them to my
computer. Does anyone know of a way to do that? I know it's an odd
request, but I would appreciate any ideas on how to best do this. Thanks!

Similar to ski's answer, I record them on tape. I bought a Radio Shack
Mini Recorder Control 43-1237, and hooked it up to a landline corded
phone handset and a handheld cassette recorder. Call your cell number,
let it ring, wait for your voicemail greeting, press *, and then your
passcode, and then play your messages while recording to tape.

I tried plugging the 43-1237 into my PC's mic and line inputs, but got a
terrible buzzing.

Radio Shack also sells a Recorder Telephone Pickup 44-533 that makes an
inductive connection to a landline corded phone handset. Maybe it
wouldn't have buzzed.

Radio Shack also sells a Wireless Phone Recording Controller 17-855 that
plugs into the 2.5mm headset jack on your cell phone and to a recorder
or maybe a computer.

You can look up all of these products on www.radioshack.com

"Nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote in

> I have a somewhat unusual question. I have a bunch of messages on my
> voicemail that I would like to save permanently. I'm thinking the
> best way to do this to figure out a way to transfer/download/something
> them to my computer. Does anyone know of a way to do that? I know
> it's an odd request, but I would appreciate any ideas on how to best
> do this. Thanks!

I just play them into a hand held tape recorder and save the tapes