How long before merger official on paper?

Last response: in Network Providers
January 27, 2005 10:57:42 PM

I'm wondering when the Sprint Nextel merger will be official on paper.
For example, if someone wants to switch from Sprint to Nextel (or vice
versa) at what point will it be considered within the same company, and
that early termination fees will not apply?
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 10:57:43 PM

"Neon Knight" <knightofneon@spamex.com> wrote in message
> I'm wondering when the Sprint Nextel merger will be official on paper.
> For example, if someone wants to switch from Sprint to Nextel (or vice
> versa) at what point will it be considered within the same company, and
> that early termination fees will not apply?

Don't look for it until the second half of the year.
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 1:51:29 AM

There's a mandatory 6 month minimum review before the Feds can approve
the deal. It will likely be longer than that.

Scott Stephenson wrote:
> "Neon Knight" <knightofneon@spamex.com> wrote in message
> > I'm wondering when the Sprint Nextel merger will be official on
paper.
> > For example, if someone wants to switch from Sprint to Nextel (or
vice
> > versa) at what point will it be considered within the same company,
and
> > that early termination fees will not apply?
>
> Don't look for it until the second half of the year.
January 28, 2005 2:42:56 PM

Neon Knight wrote:
> I'm wondering when the Sprint Nextel merger will be official on paper.
> For example, if someone wants to switch from Sprint to Nextel (or vice
> versa) at what point will it be considered within the same company, and
> that early termination fees will not apply?

At least a year, and even then, don't expect the switchover to be that
easy. Currently, Cingular customers are still segregated. Original
native Cingular customers are Cingular "Orange" while former ATTWS
customers are Cingular "Blue." Just today Cingular announced that Blue
customers can use Orange phones and vice versa, using a special unlock
code, BUT they cannot buy the phone at any promotional price (they must
pay full cost).

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
January 31, 2005 2:02:48 AM

"Neon Knight" <knightofneon@spamex.com> wrote in message
> I'm wondering when the Sprint Nextel merger will be official on paper.
> For example, if someone wants to switch from Sprint to Nextel (or vice
> versa) at what point will it be considered within the same company, and
> that early termination fees will not apply?

268 days & 9 hours
!