How long before merger official on paper?

I'm wondering when the Sprint Nextel merger will be official on paper.
For example, if someone wants to switch from Sprint to Nextel (or vice
versa) at what point will it be considered within the same company, and
that early termination fees will not apply?
4 answers Last reply
More about long merger official paper

    "Neon Knight" <knightofneon@spamex.com> wrote in message
    > I'm wondering when the Sprint Nextel merger will be official on paper.
    > For example, if someone wants to switch from Sprint to Nextel (or vice
    > versa) at what point will it be considered within the same company, and
    > that early termination fees will not apply?

    Don't look for it until the second half of the year.

    There's a mandatory 6 month minimum review before the Feds can approve
    the deal. It will likely be longer than that.

    Neon Knight wrote:
    > I'm wondering when the Sprint Nextel merger will be official on paper.
    > For example, if someone wants to switch from Sprint to Nextel (or vice
    > versa) at what point will it be considered within the same company, and
    > that early termination fees will not apply?

    At least a year, and even then, don't expect the switchover to be that
    easy. Currently, Cingular customers are still segregated. Original
    native Cingular customers are Cingular "Orange" while former ATTWS
    customers are Cingular "Blue." Just today Cingular announced that Blue
    customers can use Orange phones and vice versa, using a special unlock
    code, BUT they cannot buy the phone at any promotional price (they must
    pay full cost).

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

    "Neon Knight" <knightofneon@spamex.com> wrote in message
    > I'm wondering when the Sprint Nextel merger will be official on paper.
    > For example, if someone wants to switch from Sprint to Nextel (or vice
    > versa) at what point will it be considered within the same company, and
    > that early termination fees will not apply?

    268 days & 9 hours

Sprint PCS Switch Nextel Internet Service Providers