Best Phones these days?

Last response: in Network Providers
January 29, 2005 3:12:20 AM

Can someone please post the best Sprint phones being offered now?

Best flip?

Best non-flip?

Best vision?

Best non-vision?

Is Sanyo still the brand to have?

More about : phones days

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 3:12:21 AM

Oscar_Lives wrote:

> <snip>

Aren't you the same little prick that made it a
point to ask if each day you could think of was
a holiday?

e.g., "Is Canada Thanksgiving a holiday?"

I thought so.

Notan
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 3:47:51 AM

I think you have me confused with phillipe.

> Oscar_Lives wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>
> Aren't you the same little prick that made it a
> point to ask if each day you could think of was
> a holiday?
>
> e.g., "Is Canada Thanksgiving a holiday?"
>
> I thought so.
>
> Notan
January 29, 2005 7:39:50 AM

> Oscar_Lives wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
>
> Aren't you the same little prick that made it a
> point to ask if each day you could think of was
> a holiday?
>
> e.g., "Is Canada Thanksgiving a holiday?"
>
> I thought so.
>
> Notan

That was Phillipe ...

Bob
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 7:39:51 AM

Bob Smith wrote:

> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
> > Oscar_Lives wrote:
> > >
> > > <snip>
> >
> > Aren't you the same little prick that made it a
> > point to ask if each day you could think of was
> > a holiday?
> >
> > e.g., "Is Canada Thanksgiving a holiday?"
> >
> > I thought so.
> >
> > Notan
>
> That was Phillipe ...
>
> Bob

If it was, then he was using the same NNTP-Posting-Host
(12.215.225.246) as Oscar.

Have a look at "Is Canada Thanksgiving a holiday?," for
example, on 10/3/2004.

Am I missing something?

Notan
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 7:47:30 AM

"Oscar_Lives" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Can someone please post the best Sprint phones being offered now?
>
> Best flip?
>
> Best non-flip?
>
> Best vision?
>
> Best non-vision?
>

> Is Sanyo still the brand to have?

A lot of what you will get back in advice is subjective, depending on what
model someone buys, what price range they had to spend, and what options
they wanted on the phone. Two things to do here, is to go to phonescoop.com
and read the reviews on the new models. Second thing to do is to spend an
hour or two at your local SPCS store and look over all the models. You may
find things you like or dislike, just by handling the phones, etc.

As for signal strength, it's been said that Sanyo has been better, but
that's subjective as well. Quite a few of us own Sanyos and are happy with
them, but there are a lot of folks here who have been satisfied with
Samsungs, or the newer Nokias. Then you've got the new LG 325 which seems
moderately priced. Only one poster has posted on that phone, and seemed to
be happy.

The important question for you is what features you want, other than making
calls. Do you want speakerphone capability, taking pictures, multimedia,
Bluetooth, and after deciding that, how much are you willing to spend?

Bob
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 7:52:25 AM

> Bob Smith wrote:
> >
> > "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message

> > > Aren't you the same little prick that made it a
> > > point to ask if each day you could think of was
> > > a holiday?
> > >
> > > e.g., "Is Canada Thanksgiving a holiday?"
> > >
> > > I thought so.
> > >
> > > Notan
> >
> > That was Phillipe ...
> >
> > Bob
>
> If it was, then he was using the same NNTP-Posting-Host
> (12.215.225.246) as Oscar.
>
> Have a look at "Is Canada Thanksgiving a holiday?," for
> example, on 10/3/2004.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Notan

No, Oscar might have done one post. (I'm not going to look back at the post
you quoted). It was Phillipe who would post up the question on every
national holiday that fell on a weekday and he did it for 2-3 years ...

Bob
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 7:52:26 AM

Bob Smith wrote:

> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
> > Bob Smith wrote:
> > >
> > > "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message

> > > That was Phillipe ...
> > >
> > > Bob
> >
> > If it was, then he was using the same NNTP-Posting-Host
> > (12.215.225.246) as Oscar.
> >
> > Have a look at "Is Canada Thanksgiving a holiday?," for
> > example, on 10/3/2004.
> >
> > Am I missing something?
> >
> > Notan
>
> No, Oscar might have done one post. (I'm not going to look back at the post
> you quoted). It was Phillipe who would post up the question on every
> national holiday that fell on a weekday and he did it for 2-3 years ...
>
> Bob

To list a few of Oscar's posts...

Is Ramadan a Holiday?
Is Labor Day a holiday?
Is Columbus Day a holiday?
Is Veteran's Day a holiday?
Is Christmas a holiday this year? What about chaunaka?
Is New Year's Day a holiday?

Sorry, Bob, but in my book, that'd be more than "one post."

Notan
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 9:34:39 AM

<snipped>
> To list a few of Oscar's posts...
>
> Is Ramadan a Holiday?
> Is Labor Day a holiday?
> Is Columbus Day a holiday?
> Is Veteran's Day a holiday?
> Is Christmas a holiday this year? What about chaunaka?
> Is New Year's Day a holiday?
>
> Sorry, Bob, but in my book, that'd be more than "one post."
>
> Notan

With those listings above Notan (if they are all Oscar's), I completely
agree with ya ... :) .

Bob
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 9:34:40 AM

Bob Smith wrote:

> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
> <snipped>
> > To list a few of Oscar's posts...
> >
> > Is Ramadan a Holiday?
> > Is Labor Day a holiday?
> > Is Columbus Day a holiday?
> > Is Veteran's Day a holiday?
> > Is Christmas a holiday this year? What about chaunaka?
> > Is New Year's Day a holiday?
> >
> > Sorry, Bob, but in my book, that'd be more than "one post."
> >
> > Notan
>
> With those listings above Notan (if they are all Oscar's), I completely
> agree with ya ... :) .
>
> Bob

A Phillipe wannabe?

I hope not! <g>

See ya!

Notan
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 1:14:19 AM

> Bob Smith wrote:
>>
>> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message

>> > Aren't you the same little prick that made it a
>> > point to ask if each day you could think of was
>> > a holiday?
>> >
>> > e.g., "Is Canada Thanksgiving a holiday?"
>> >
>> > I thought so.
>> >
>> > Notan
>>
>> That was Phillipe ...
>>
>> Bob
>
> If it was, then he was using the same NNTP-Posting-Host
> (12.215.225.246) as Oscar.
>
> Have a look at "Is Canada Thanksgiving a holiday?," for
> example, on 10/3/2004.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Notan

OH FOR SPRINT'S SAKE.... I did it once or twice to beat Phillipe in his own
game as a JOKE.

SORRY TO OFFEND YOU.

Now, what are the best phones right now?
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 1:14:20 AM

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:14:19 GMT, "Oscar_Lives" <nospam@nospam.net>
wrote:

>OH FOR SPRINT'S SAKE.... I did it once or twice to beat Phillipe in his own
>game as a JOKE.
>
>SORRY TO OFFEND YOU.
>
>Now, what are the best phones right now?

Whatever. As to your question, if it's just straight
telephonic communication you're after (I don't do anything with my
phone but send and receive telephone calls) I've got to tell you that
the Sanyo 4920's that my wife and I have had since they came out still
get my vote. People keep asking me if I'm at home when I call them
with it, and as a courtesy, if I'm taking a call from the street I'll
often tell people that I'm on a mobile, and ask if the sound is OK.
The usual response is that the sound is excellent. From my side as
well.

If the Sanyo has any weak point, and this has been noted
widely, it's the earpiece speaker, which could be sharper.

As far as phones that let you access the web, take pictures
and movies, let you listen to MP3's or whatever go, I can't comment.

DGI
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 1:45:31 AM

Thanks Bob.

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Oscar_Lives" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Can someone please post the best Sprint phones being offered now?
>>
>> Best flip?
>>
>> Best non-flip?
>>
>> Best vision?
>>
>> Best non-vision?
>>

>> Is Sanyo still the brand to have?
>
> A lot of what you will get back in advice is subjective, depending on what
> model someone buys, what price range they had to spend, and what options
> they wanted on the phone. Two things to do here, is to go to
> phonescoop.com
> and read the reviews on the new models. Second thing to do is to spend an
> hour or two at your local SPCS store and look over all the models. You may
> find things you like or dislike, just by handling the phones, etc.
>
> As for signal strength, it's been said that Sanyo has been better, but
> that's subjective as well. Quite a few of us own Sanyos and are happy with
> them, but there are a lot of folks here who have been satisfied with
> Samsungs, or the newer Nokias. Then you've got the new LG 325 which seems
> moderately priced. Only one poster has posted on that phone, and seemed to
> be happy.
>
> The important question for you is what features you want, other than
> making
> calls. Do you want speakerphone capability, taking pictures, multimedia,
> Bluetooth, and after deciding that, how much are you willing to spend?
>
> Bob

February 2, 2005 5:40:18 AM

"Oscar_Lives" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in news:CxAKd.33981$eT5.15731
@attbi_s51:

> Can someone please post the best Sprint phones being offered now?
>
> Best flip?
>
> Best non-flip?
>
> Best vision?
>
> Best non-vision?
>

> Is Sanyo still the brand to have?

I was recently looking to replace a pair of phones. My wife and I have
used the Qualcomm 2760 for the past few years and loved them but it was
time to upgrade for a few new features (vibrate mode, speakerphone, voice
dialing) but I did not need or want: vision, camera, email, web, etc. I
just wanted a phone. I also hate flip phones, so...

I bought a pair of Nokia 6016i non-vision phones. I am extremely happy
with these phones. They seem to pull in a good signal in areas where I
could not make a call before. The features are great for a voice only
phone. I also bought a pair of the Nokia CK-7W handsfree car kits and
they are also great.

I would nominate the 6016i for the best non-vision phone right now.
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 5:40:19 AM

Mike wrote:

> "Oscar_Lives" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in news:CxAKd.33981$eT5.15731
> @attbi_s51:
>
> > Can someone please post the best Sprint phones being offered now?
> >
> > Best flip?
> >
> > Best non-flip?
> >
> > Best vision?
> >
> > Best non-vision?
> >

> > Is Sanyo still the brand to have?
> >

> I was recently looking to replace a pair of phones. My wife and I have
> used the Qualcomm 2760 for the past few years and loved them but it was
> time to upgrade for a few new features (vibrate mode, speakerphone, voice
> dialing) but I did not need or want: vision, camera, email, web, etc. I
> just wanted a phone. I also hate flip phones, so...
>
> I bought a pair of Nokia 6016i non-vision phones. I am extremely happy
> with these phones. They seem to pull in a good signal in areas where I
> could not make a call before. The features are great for a voice only
> phone. I also bought a pair of the Nokia CK-7W handsfree car kits and
> they are also great.
>
> I would nominate the 6016i for the best non-vision phone right now.

Some of the most modern technology has been incorporated into Vision
phones.

You don't *have to* use Vision.

Notan
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 6:17:15 AM

"Mike" <Mike.H@flashmail.com> wrote in message
> "Oscar_Lives" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in news:CxAKd.33981$eT5.15731
> @attbi_s51:
>
> > Can someone please post the best Sprint phones being offered now?
> >
> > Best flip?
> >
> > Best non-flip?
> >
> > Best vision?
> >
> > Best non-vision?
> >

> > Is Sanyo still the brand to have?

I have the Sanyo 4900 (non-vision / non-flip / non-available anymore) from
when it first came out. I *love* this phone and it is extremely reliable.
However, my husband and I (who are on one of the F&F family plans) are
interested in the Ready Link features of the newer phones. So, when his
phone becomes eligible for the phone upgrade (he just upgraded his last
Jan.) we're going to be looking at those. Any thoughts on the RL phones? We
like the nice sturdy ones that NexTel has with their rubberized grips. They
have some that are even military compliant for their sturdiness. Hoping
SprintPCS releases at least one like that before June!
!