BWMerlin

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2003
Hi, heres the problem. About a week ago my computer strated taking an abnormally long time to load windows. It is also about this time last week that a had my new gerforce 2 MX400 64mb pci card installed. On start up were it normally displayes the ram and hard drive info it only has a black screen with info about my geforce. It then goes to another black screen with a flashing _ were it sits for about 3 minutes before it contiues to load windows. Once it is in windows it runs perfictly fine. I have run many programes to optimise performance such as defrag and norton speed disk as well as checked for viruses and errors using scan disk and norton untilits. I have no idea what the problem is and i am hopeing that someone would be able to tell me what it might be. I have also disabled some programes using msconfig but only ones that i know what they do. My system is running ME, 933Mhz, 256MB ram and a 30Gb hard drive.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx

Scotty35

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2002
Re-install the drivers and the bios for your new graphics card either from the CD if one came with it or from the website > www. insert manufactures brandname.com
I think ya ment to un-install the old drivers before shutting down and installing ya new card in Win-ME but anyway, good luck with it.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=326&s=24cd3646ec584db36d180555f4d4e868" target="_new">My PC</A>