Configure base station remotely via http?

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is it possible to configure the base station if it is not connected directly
to a PC, like Linksys products? My house is wired with CAT5 so the cable
modem & base station are in a closet... Possible?

Yes. Just go into the browser on one of your systems, type in the IP of the
base station, and you should be able to access it.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"James" <_@_> wrote in message news:eGV82sEREHA.3944@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Is it possible to configure the base station if it is not connected
> directly
> to a PC, like Linksys products? My house is wired with CAT5 so the cable
> modem & base station are in a closet... Possible?

joker

If you are talking about from the Internet that will not work.

James wrote:

> Is it possible to configure the base station if it is not connected directly
> to a PC, like Linksys products? My house is wired with CAT5 so the cable
> modem & base station are in a closet... Possible?

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

How easy was that? Thanks!

"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes. Just go into the browser on one of your systems, type in the IP of
the
> base station, and you should be able to access it.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Associate Expert
>

> "James" <_@_> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to configure the base station if it is not connected
> > directly
> > to a PC, like Linksys products? My house is wired with CAT5 so the cable
> > modem & base station are in a closet... Possible?

Glad to help, James.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP