Sign in with
Your question

Cant open any programs probably virus what do i do windows 8

Last response: in Windows 8
March 3, 2013 5:54:23 PM

I bought a gateway laptop that came with windows 8 and its been working fine until this morning, i woke up and tried to use it but no programs would work when i click on them, they wouldn't open or load, this is including the internet, system restore, safe mode, and settings, pretty much everything. The only thing i am able to open is my hard drive in my computer.I don't know if its malware or not but the computer seems slower and when i tried to open system restore management app it said not responding and just showed background red color so i had to turn off and on again. I don't know what to do anymore seeing as i cant open up anything including my antivirus program. i have a usb drive so i can download something from this computer which is xp if that helps out at all, i tried using usb drive but it freezes when i try to open up a file, after trying almost everything which isnt much because i cant open anything, anyone know if i can restore to factory settings i dont care if i lose all my files its an ne51b16u gateway laptop came with windows 8 thanks
a b * Windows 8
March 3, 2013 6:08:56 PM

Don't wast to much time on it. It should be still under warranty, so just rma it. It sounds like it's a problem with the disk tough.
m
l
March 3, 2013 6:12:09 PM

only thing is i didnt get warranty which was stupid unless you think it might still be covered by frys electronics return policy?
m
l
Related resources
a b * Windows 8
March 3, 2013 6:27:31 PM

Right click on the hard drive in explorer, goto properties / tools and run the error check. That needs a reboot on the c drive.
m
l
March 3, 2013 6:35:26 PM

i just tried but when i went to the drive and tried to click properties it said its not responding and from there it is pretty much frozen only thing i can do is moves the mouse around
m
l
a b * Windows 8
March 3, 2013 8:19:50 PM

That all sounds like the disk is almost dead.
m
l
!