Dropped Calls

Last response: in Network Providers
February 5, 2005 12:14:42 PM

I have had problems with dropped call on both of my sprint pcs phones.
I got newer phones sanyo 5400 hoping that would remedy the problem.
but it didn't. I live in Lake Charles, la and sprint supposed to have
good coverage. I will have full bars and then it will sometimes just
drop a bar or two for no reason. But I always have at least two bars
when it does that, Have asked local sprint people repeatedly but they
don't really have an answer. I wonder why if you have good signal
strength the phone just disconnects and says dropped connection. I
could be talking for ten min then boom lost signal. or signal faded.
then next time five minutes later. Occasionally I can talk longer and
no problem. Could it be related to too much traffic on tower and I am
getting booted? Buy the way I have the latest frimware and PRL
thanks
Piper

More about : dropped calls

February 5, 2005 12:42:28 PM

piper <aaalion@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have had problems with dropped call on both of my sprint pcs phones.
>I got newer phones sanyo 5400 hoping that would remedy the problem.
>but it didn't. I live in Lake Charles, la and sprint supposed to have
>good coverage. I will have full bars and then it will sometimes just
>drop a bar or two for no reason. But I always have at least two bars
>when it does that, Have asked local sprint people repeatedly but they
>don't really have an answer. I wonder why if you have good signal
>strength the phone just disconnects and says dropped connection. I
>could be talking for ten min then boom lost signal. or signal faded.
>then next time five minutes later. Occasionally I can talk longer and
>no problem. Could it be related to too much traffic on tower and I am
>getting booted? Buy the way I have the latest frimware and PRL
>thanks
>Piper

Does this happen while you are stationary or driving? If while
driving it's possible you've pulled up beside a large building or
truck that may be temporarily blocking the signal.

Another thing you can try is putting your phone's roam setting on
Sprint only rather than Automatic so it won't attempt to roam when the
signal becomes weak. I've found that reduces dropped calls when I
know I'm not going to be leaving a Sprint service area.
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 3:56:04 PM

Most likely pilot pollution from distant towers. Your phone sees a
strong signal from one tower but then it decides to switch to a more
distant tower with a weaker signal. Could also be a tower handoff
problem. One tower doesn't have the other tower in it's neighbor list
to handoff to so it drops the call instead. All very common problems
on CDMA networks.
February 5, 2005 8:51:11 PM

"piper" <aaalion@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have had problems with dropped call on both of my sprint pcs phones.
> I got newer phones sanyo 5400 hoping that would remedy the problem.
> but it didn't. I live in Lake Charles, la and sprint supposed to have
> good coverage. I will have full bars and then it will sometimes just
> drop a bar or two for no reason. But I always have at least two bars
> when it does that, Have asked local sprint people repeatedly but they
> don't really have an answer. I wonder why if you have good signal
> strength the phone just disconnects and says dropped connection. I
> could be talking for ten min then boom lost signal. or signal faded.
> then next time five minutes later. Occasionally I can talk longer and
> no problem. Could it be related to too much traffic on tower and I am
> getting booted? Buy the way I have the latest frimware and PRL
> thanks
> Piper

First off, I believe you are in an affiliate area and Louisiana isn't the
best covered state. You could be experiencing heavy traffic on the towers
around you, where some cell shrinkage might take place.

Bob
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 12:10:31 AM

"piper" <aaalion@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have had problems with dropped call on both of my sprint pcs phones.

Common problem with Sprint. You should consider switching to a superior
carrier, friend.
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 12:10:32 AM

Sprint is the best wireless service in the USA! All systems have problems in
various areas. You need to purchase the service the works best in the areas
that you live, work, and travel.

-mij

!