gruffy

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
Hi all
I have a Dell i4100 laptop with XP Home connected to a LAN. Even though I am logged on to the network, each time I use Internet Explorer 6, I get this log on screen asking me for the ID and password. As a result I have to leave IE connected to the net all the time to prevent the log on appearing when I start IE again.

I had changed the user authentication to different levels.
It had been set to "Automatic log on only in intranet". I had tried "Automatic log on with current user name and password".
Still the same.

Any ideas?
TIA
Gruffy
Dell i4100
PIII 1.2GHz
384 Mb RAM
40 Gb HDD
DVD/CD-RW

ath0mps0

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2002
The problem is that XP Home does not support domain login like Pro does. It sounds like your FW is using Windows integrated authentication. Map a drive over to your server in the same domain or FW (if you can) and have XP remember the username and PW. This will allow XP Home to have a set of credentials to try - your local login to the PC doesn't count.

If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn't have thought so much.

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
its a bloody pain, exactly the same when you try and print from XP, asks for a pawwsowd

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

gruffy

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
Hi guys
Thanks for the input. I will try that and let u know.
gruffy

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by gruffy on 04/26/02 07:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS