bill

Sid Mier, stand aside. After oh, so many years of having the best tactical
civil war game out there you've been replace. You did great, but Bull Run
is even better! I recommend it folks.

Bill

Bill wrote:
> I recommend it folks.

<sigh> CD is in the mail - has been for the past week - where is direct
download when you need it :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

David

"Bill" <wlambrukos@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sid Mier, stand aside. After oh, so many years of having the best
> tactical civil war game out there you've been replace. You did great, but
> Bull Run is even better! I recommend it folks.
>
> Bill

Can you go into more detail and compare it to Sid Meier's Gettysburg?
Thanks.

For $19.99 the game is an incredible bargin. It's just a lot of fun to play
..Real time but not a click fest. Also supposibly very modable(Is that a
word?). Buy it, you'll love it .

"Bill" <wlambrukos@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sid Mier, stand aside. After oh, so many years of having the best
> tactical civil war game out there you've been replace. You did great, but
> Bull Run is even better! I recommend it folks.
>
> Bill

This game is terrific and for $19.99 it is unbelievable. Even the graphics
and sound are decent and game play is aload of fun. Also completely
modable(is that a word?). Really run don't walk and get it.
"Bill" <wlambrukos@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sid Mier, stand aside. After oh, so many years of having the best
> tactical civil war game out there you've been replace. You did great, but
> Bull Run is even better! I recommend it folks.
>
> Bill

adz

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

Any chance of a shortcut to the company's website?

"Bill" <wlambrukos@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sid Mier, stand aside. After oh, so many years of having the best
tactical
> civil war game out there you've been replace. You did great, but Bull Run
> is even better! I recommend it folks.
>
> Bill

bill

Tom Brown wrote:
> I just checked out a couple of the movies of the game they have on
their
> website. It looks good except there do not seem to be any
casualties. You
> see them shooting at each other, cannon shells are exploding in the
ranks,
> but no one is falling down. No one seems to be affected by enemy
fire.

One 'dead' sprite is left for every 4 casualties. Each sprite in the
unit represents appr 10 me, with a sixty sprite limit per unit.

I just checked out a couple of the movies of the game they have on their
website. It looks good except there do not seem to be any casualties. You
see them shooting at each other, cannon shells are exploding in the ranks,
but no one is falling down. No one seems to be affected by enemy fire.

"Bill" <wlambrukos@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sid Mier, stand aside. After oh, so many years of having the best
tactical
> civil war game out there you've been replace. You did great, but Bull Run
> is even better! I recommend it folks.
>
> Bill

Oh there are numerous casualties .Also good animation when a unit panics .
This game is so good its hard to believe that it was put together by just 2
guys

"Tom Brown" <thor177@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I just checked out a couple of the movies of the game they have on their
> website. It looks good except there do not seem to be any casualties.
> You
> see them shooting at each other, cannon shells are exploding in the ranks,
> but no one is falling down. No one seems to be affected by enemy fire.

Plenty of death animations; the ground is littered with the dead after a
battle. It's fascinating to watch one side of a line melt away when
being flanked, for instance (not to mention exciting when you're doing
the flanking :)

I have to agree with Bill above, this is a most engrossing game for a
first effort and I look forward to MMG's future releases.

Cheers Chris