Sanyo VM4500 (SCP-5500) USB question

Last response: in Network Providers
February 7, 2005 6:08:19 PM

I'd like to move some pictures from my Sanyo VM4500 onto my PC. I see
there's a USB cable on the Sanyo website ( USB Data Cable SKU: SCP-04SDC )
but do I need special software or drivers too?
I don't need to sync up an address book or anything like that -- just want
to move the images.
Thanks
Timo
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:07:43 AM

"Timo" <timo@anonymous.biz> wrote in message
> I'd like to move some pictures from my Sanyo VM4500 onto my PC. I see
> there's a USB cable on the Sanyo website ( USB Data Cable SKU:
SCP-04SDC )
> but do I need special software or drivers too?
> I don't need to sync up an address book or anything like that -- just want
> to move the images.
> Thanks
> Timo

You can probably get a less expensive USB cable @ Radio Shack. All the
recent Sanyos have the same connector port.

As for software, yes, you will need software. You can check with
futuredial.com, susteen.com or bitpim.org to see if they support your phone
model. Out of these 3, BitPim is free, but it's developmental software ...

Bob
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:07:44 AM

Bob,
Thanks very much for the helpful tips. BitPim looks promising.
Timo
!