Sanyo VM4500 (SCP-5500) USB question

I'd like to move some pictures from my Sanyo VM4500 onto my PC. I see
there's a USB cable on the Sanyo website ( USB Data Cable SKU: SCP-04SDC )
but do I need special software or drivers too?
I don't need to sync up an address book or anything like that -- just want
to move the images.
Thanks
Timo
2 answers Last reply
More about sanyo vm4500 5500 question

    "Timo" <timo@anonymous.biz> wrote in message
    > I'd like to move some pictures from my Sanyo VM4500 onto my PC. I see
    > there's a USB cable on the Sanyo website ( USB Data Cable SKU:
    SCP-04SDC )
    > but do I need special software or drivers too?
    > I don't need to sync up an address book or anything like that -- just want
    > to move the images.
    > Thanks
    > Timo

    You can probably get a less expensive USB cable @ Radio Shack. All the
    recent Sanyos have the same connector port.

    As for software, yes, you will need software. You can check with
    futuredial.com, susteen.com or bitpim.org to see if they support your phone
    model. Out of these 3, BitPim is free, but it's developmental software ...

    Bob

    Bob,
    Thanks very much for the helpful tips. BitPim looks promising.
    Timo

Sprint PCS Sanyo USB Cable Internet Service Providers