Support the troops

Many of us have seen how returning Vietnam Vets were ridiculed, and even
spat on, during the early 70's.

I do not condone this at all but I was wondering...

Don't our current troops in Iraq deserve less support?

After all they were not drafted (like Vietnam) They chose to be in the Armed
Forces.

A case can be made that this is an illegal war.

It seems to me that if you are against the war in Iraq, you have to be
against the troops too.

for me it is philosophy....

the spitting on returning troops is an urban legend. it's always
somebody i knew told me that a friend of his read in a newspaper about
someone who heard about it from a friend.

not my point but thanks Ray

"ray o'hara" <reoh@comcast.net> wrote in message
> the spitting on returning troops is an urban legend. it's always
> somebody i knew told me that a friend of his read in a newspaper about
> someone who heard about it from a friend.

jp

"Bartow W. Riggs" <briggs@surewest.net> wrote in message
> Many of us have seen how returning Vietnam Vets were ridiculed, and even
> spat on, during the early 70's.
>
> I do not condone this at all but I was wondering...
>
> Don't our current troops in Iraq deserve less support?
>
> After all they were not drafted (like Vietnam) They chose to be in the
Armed
> Forces.
>
> A case can be made that this is an illegal war.
>
> It seems to me that if you are against the war in Iraq, you have to be
> against the troops too.
>
> for me it is philosophy....

Yawn.....

thanks for that...

idiot

"JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Bartow W. Riggs" <briggs@surewest.net> wrote in message

jp

You're welcome..............troll.

> thanks for that...
>
> idiot
>

> "JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Bartow W. Riggs" <briggs@surewest.net> wrote in message

bill

Although it did happen to the husband of one of the ladies I work with at
the office. It was at the rest stop on Interstate 93 (north) just north of
the Hooksett toll booth in New Hampshire.

Bill

"ray o'hara" <reoh@comcast.net> wrote in message
> the spitting on returning troops is an urban legend. it's always
> somebody i knew told me that a friend of his read in a newspaper about
> someone who heard about it from a friend.

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:25:58 -0800, "Bartow W. Riggs"
<briggs@surewest.net> wrote:

>It seems to me that if you are against the war in Iraq, you have to be
>against the troops too.

GoAT.

When troop vote where they go, even then you would be a troll.
--
Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.
Politically Incorrect and proud of it.

In article <at4101ttp3722ckqqrf2j9q77i37p4cljj@4ax.com>,
oldsalt@usintouch.com says...
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:25:58 -0800, "Bartow W. Riggs"
> <briggs@surewest.net> wrote:
>
> >It seems to me that if you are against the war in Iraq, you have to be
> >against the troops too.
>
> GoAT.
>
> When troop vote where they go, even then you would be a troll.

I'm against the war, but I'm not against the troops. Even if they
support the war. Everybody's allowed their opinion. They're certainly
not supporting the war just by having the American flag on their SUV.

Epi

I've started researching the "Bible Code."
I'm trying to discover the contents of my
upcoming birthday presents.

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:56:20 GMT, Epi Watkins <epicat1212@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> They're certainly
>not supporting the war just by having the American flag on their SUV.

You got that right. But that's for another NG.
--
Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.
Politically Incorrect and proud of it.
My Mail Server is Protected by ChoiceMail.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Bartow W. Riggs" <briggs@surewest.net> wrote in message
> Many of us have seen how returning Vietnam Vets were ridiculed,
> and even spat on, during the early 70's.
>
> I do not condone this at all but I was wondering...
>
> Don't our current troops in Iraq deserve less support?
>
> After all they were not drafted (like Vietnam) They chose to be
> in the Armed Forces.
>
> A case can be made that this is an illegal war.
>
> It seems to me that if you are against the war in Iraq, you have
> to be against the troops too.
>
> for me it is philosophy....

I wish you were here with me. I'd show you a different philosophy.
Sumbags like you love to hide behind their computers.

Sumbag? Did you miss your daily dose of testosterone or sumthin?

1411 wrote:

> I wish you were here with me. I'd show you a different philosophy.
> Sumbags like you love to hide behind their computers.

said the man with the fake id.