Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New Fan Website for Bull Run Take Command 1861

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 11:14:45 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

Guys,

I'm so impressed with Bull Run that I've decided to create a new fan
website to host mods for it. The website is a little basic right now
but the first mods will be added this afternoon after work. I'll
refine it over the next few days and it will be ready to roll. If you
want to take a look it's at:

http://www.brettschulte.net/MMGACW/

If anybody has the game and is making mods, feel free to send them my
way and I'll make sure they get posted.

Also, if anybody hasn't yet, make sure you go check out the Mad Minute
Games forums. There is a ton of good info over there. It's at:

http://www.madminutegames.com/MadMinuteBB/index.php

P.S. Eddy, I'm following your suggestion to not be so modest on this
one, as opposed to my HPS ACW fan site. ;-)
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 4:59:48 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

Brett Schulte wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I'm so impressed with Bull Run that I've decided to create a new fan
> website to host mods for it. The website is a little basic right now
> but the first mods will be added this afternoon after work. I'll
> refine it over the next few days and it will be ready to roll. If
you
> want to take a look it's at:
>
> http://www.brettschulte.net/MMGACW/

202 visitors already - told you that advertising works :) 

> If anybody has the game and is making mods, feel free to send them my
> way and I'll make sure they get posted.

CD has arrived - looks like I'll have some playtime this weekend so I'm
definitely going to post something about it in the near future.

> P.S. Eddy, I'm following your suggestion to not be so modest on this
> one, as opposed to my HPS ACW fan site. ;-)

Something tells me you're an ACW nutter :)  - wait 'till Grigsby
releases the ACW game based on the WaW engine. Oh, and Frank Hunter is
working on Sumter to Appomatox II. Better start working on these
fan-sites as well, that way you'll have a head start over the
competition :) 

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 5:42:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

eddysterckx@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> 202 visitors already - told you that advertising works :) 
>

Eddy,

No doubt. Thanks for the tip. ;-)


>
> CD has arrived - looks like I'll have some playtime this weekend so
I'm
> definitely going to post something about it in the near future.

I hope you have the house all to yourself. This thing is kind of
addictive. And the really cool part (besides the couriers, did I
mention this game has couriers to deliver ordeers?) is that no scenario
ever plays the same way twice. I love that about the AI in this game.
I admit I've seen the AI do a few strange things the higher up in
command you go, but it is far better than SMG and SMA in that regard
IMHO.



> Something tells me you're an ACW nutter :)  - wait 'till Grigsby
> releases the ACW game based on the WaW engine. Oh, and Frank Hunter
is
> working on Sumter to Appomatox II. Better start working on these
> fan-sites as well, that way you'll have a head start over the
> competition :) 

You are correct sir! I tend to be interested in pretty much any era of
military history at least a little bit, but I've been reading about the
Civil War since the age of six. I have my Uncle and my local
Elementary school library to thank for that. I know. I have tended to
enjoy many of Grigsby's past efforts, and I'm sure that one will be no
different. I played the first Sumter to Appomattox for a long time,
but there were just too many bugs for me to really love it. However, I
am a fan of what Mr. Hunter is trying to do so I know I'll be buying
STA II if and when it comes out. And you're right, now that I have
lots of web space, I'm sure I'll use it to promote any ACW games I can.
Us Civil War gamers need help. For too long there's been a shortage
of good games out there. I'm hoping that changes.

Brett
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 2:09:45 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

Brett wrote:
> Us Civil War gamers need help.

They sure do ... :) 

> For too long there's been a shortage
> of good games out there. I'm hoping that changes.
oh, you meant *that*

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 7:52:54 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

> oh, you meant *that*

Well, we probably need help in other ways too... ;-)
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 4:08:01 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

Brett wrote:
> > oh, you meant *that*
>
> Well, we probably need help in other ways too... ;-)

This might be something for you :

http://www.war-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26277...

just so you know about it

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 4:13:09 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

Eddy,

Thanks for the link. It looks like Rich Hamilton already took Don up
on his offer. He'll take care of business as far as HPS goes I'm
sure. I've got the main page at warfareHQ bookmarked, so I'll have to
check back when they get everything set up.

Brett
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 8:57:10 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

I have only fiddled with this game a bit. I know a bit about games. This
one is a keeper....


<eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1107464881.954199.267750@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>
> Brett wrote:
>> > oh, you meant *that*
>>
>> Well, we probably need help in other ways too... ;-)
>
> This might be something for you :
>
> http://www.war-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26277...
>
> just so you know about it
>
> Greetz,
>
> Eddy Sterckx
>
!